It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:56 am

Rainmeter with Omnimo and ObjectDock

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
grapey

Rainmeter with Omnimo and ObjectDock

Post by grapey »

I have loaded up and tweaked out Omnimo on Reainmeter with 2 OBjectDock bars on the sides. I am having those last few lagging issues before I am in tablet heaven, any help is appreciated!!!

1. Buttons ALWAYS open a new instance of any program they represt. Can these be made state aware so they just restore the open session?

2. The Object dock buttons for "close" "maximize" "minimize" etc behave erratically. Sometimes I have to tap the program, then tap the button, then tap the program again, then the button again before things actually do what you intend. Thoughts?

Thanks!!!
grapey

Re: Rainmeter with Omnimo and ObjectDock

Post by grapey »

No takers? :)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

For number 1, you mean rainmeter buttons? I think there is a tool here than can do what you want.

If you finish your tablet heaven, I would like to have a loot at it. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
grapey

Post by grapey »

The buttons I am using from Omnimo are opening the new instances...... Here are some screenies of my almost blissful Omnimo/ObjectDock/Desktop Coral/Fences setup.

Object Dock buttons work like they should, while Fences removes all my desktop icons, Desktop Coral makes my toolbars stay on top (maximized windows arent quite max) andd Omnimo provides the pretty overlay on Rainmeter.
Desktop.png
Toolbar.png
The toolbar on the right is particularly helpful... Minimize, Maximize, Close, Cut, Paste, Copy and Home are all instantly available, finger sized, always. The problem is as I stated above. Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

So, you are talking about rainmeter (omnimo) buttons. The page I linked about should do the trick (the maximize or run program).

Great Setup, btw. :D I really liked your common commands approach on the right toolbar. I am guessing you are using a touchscreen?

Desktop DeviartArt
grapey

Post by grapey »

Thank ya! Yes, it is a multi-touch, both resistive and capacitive. I used the link you sent and it worked perfectly for IE, but is not working for Outlook. It will start it the first time, but if I minimize it, it will not bring it up off the toolbar again. Any ideas?

The only thing missing from my new setup is the multi-desktop sweep function you see on the new WebOS tablets..... I will find a way to do this eventually.

I am running on an HP Slate 500 with Win7 Pro. As Origami only works with Vista and NOT the prop versions, I was forced to explore other alternatives..... :twisted:
grapey

Post by grapey »

Oh ya, also still having that tap in, tap out, tap in, then execute thing going on with my common buttons as I mentioned in the first post (bullet #2).... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

grapey wrote:Thank ya! Yes, it is a multi-touch, both resistive and capacitive. I used the link you sent and it worked perfectly for IE, but is not working for Outlook. It will start it the first time, but if I minimize it, it will not bring it up off the toolbar again. Any ideas?
I don't know why this is happening, unfortunately. You should ask the tools! author, santa_ryan. :) Good luck with your customizing!

Desktop DeviartArt