It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 2:20 am

New to Rainmeter xD how to apply new skin "Enigma"

General topics related to Rainmeter.
techlawsam

New to Rainmeter xD how to apply new skin "Enigma"

Post by techlawsam »

Hi I just found rainmeter when I read todays lifehacker article on todays desktop: "The Green Leaves Desktop" I liked it so much that I wanted to apply I have launchy, rocket dock, installed rainmeter and have Enigma . Now im just trying to make my win7 computer look like this:

http://lifehacker.com/5825493/the-green-leaves-desktop

if any could give me steps on how to do this I would be thankful!

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New to Rainmeter xD how to apply new skin "Enigma"

Post by jsmorley »

Basically you would install Rainmeter (be sure to use the latest 2.1 beta from Rainmeter.net and not the 2.0 release) and then follow the links on that Lifehacker page to install Elementary and Enigma in Rainmeter. Once you have done that, just use RainBrowser (comes with Rainmeter) to find and load just the skins from those two packages that you want on the desktop. Not sure exactly which ones that guy is using, but you can either load / unload skins from the two suites til you find the ones you want, or maybe ask that guy on Flickr directly.

Each of those suites of skins have their own way to set any "custom settings" like weather location and gmail ID and such, see the documentation for each of them to see what to do there.

Then once you have the skins you want loaded and dragged into the positions you want, use RainThemes (also comes with Rainmeter) to save your setup as theme file so you can always get back if you mess it up.

Hope this helps. Not really a step by step walk through, but to be honest you might need to at least load Rainmeter and see how to "use it" before you dive into something like this. You shouldn't need to know anything about editing or creating skins, just how to navigate around in Rainmeter using existing skins "as is".
techlawsam

Re: New to Rainmeter xD how to apply new skin "Enigma"

Post by techlawsam »

ok thanks yea i guess i need to mess around with it first and learn before doing but thanks for the response!