It is currently September 19th, 2024, 8:17 pm

Rainmeter convert seeking help >:/

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
masterjonny

Rainmeter convert seeking help >:/

Post by masterjonny »

Hi people! I'm Jonny :welcome:

My flatmate has used Rainmeter for years, but being blinded by the petty "I don't want more processes running cuz I'm a gamer rawr" mantra I've never used it. Thankfully I've seen the light now and I'm loving it!

Anyway, I followed the standard 'I'm a newb so I'm going to install Enigma' route, plus its minimal aesthetic is goregous :D

Just looking for a bit of input for my desktop:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/desktopuv.png/

# 1: How the hell do you get the very thin white/grey bar running across the top of the taskbar to the bottom of it, like it is on the DA screenshot for Engima? I've dug around various ini's and so forth changing likely candidates around, but I've not hit on the answer yet!

# 2: My desktop looks a bit naked except for the bar running across the top, but I can't think what to add, as I have all I need. Even when I had a taskbar I rarely used the shortcuts usually opting for the 'hit the windows key and type the program name' route, so a dock would be a waste. Any suggestions for widgets(? if thats the name) that make good focal points without being OTT.

Basically I'm an outsider so I don't know the definitive plugins. Tapping 'polar clock rainmeter' into Google brings endless results. But I assume the crowd on these forums know the better widgets in each category, and that's generally what I'm looking for.

Finally, by day I'm a PhD researcher in parallel and scientific computing using Erlang and C, so I'm happy to get down and dirty with the code if required.

Much love
x
Seahorse

Re: Rainmeter convert seeking help >:/

Post by Seahorse »

Fist off the Enigma Support thread is thataway--> given it's size I suspect the answer is already there ;-)

There are skins for just about anything you can think of, most are listed in the forums under the Work in Progress (Skin Development) or the Shiny new toy area (Share your creations).

Further afield there are:
  • DeviantArt - most skins & searchable
  • WinCustomise - way fewer skins, mostly newer ones, not sure why
  • Customize.Org - again, not many skins, mostly older ones, they reopened uploading about 2-weeks ago.
Have a poke around and see if there is something you like. Remember you can easiely change the shape, colours & fonts of a skin by right clicking and selecting "Edit Skin".

Have a look at Rainmeter 101 to see how this is done.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt