It is currently September 19th, 2024, 8:15 pm

New to rainmeter :)

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Shouri

New to rainmeter :)

Post by Shouri »

Greeting

I was using samurize with windows xp at my old amd x2 years ago, and i loved it :)

now i found this program and i think i will like it as much

I have a question though.

My plan is to create 3 different meter modes (or themes). 1 for gaming, 1 for information and 1 for something else.
I want 3 different buttons in my second monitors top screen to (on click) load the either of the 3 themes in.
insted of rigth click rainmeter icon - themes -load theme. but i dont know how to. :confused:
Kaelri
Developer

Re: New to rainmeter :)

Post by Kaelri »

Welcome. :)

This can be done easily, using the built-in RainThemes utility. Example:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainThemes\RainThemes.exe" /load "ThemeName"]
Shouri

Post by Shouri »

Hey there thanks for the answer :)

im not good to code. In samurize i could almoast do anything in the program without code.
So here im a little lost. anyway i just pasted the line you gave me in the "gnometer" theme in bar.ini
and left clicked on it, and nothing happend besides a little load icon apears for a second and then nothing? :/
donutmtoazt

Post by donutmtoazt »

Welcome to Rainmeter!

So, as to your problem, the best thing you can do is read up on how to edit skins here. Run through Rainmeter 101 and then look at the manuals to get more detailed information on measures and meters, and in your case, bangs.

Then, set up a gaming theme consisting of various skins from here and there, and save it using the RainTheme utility. Replace ThemeName from Kaelri's code with whatever you named that theme and you should be set.
This is my keyboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine.