It is currently May 8th, 2024, 6:33 pm

Looking for basic instructions on configuring Enigma

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Frogman07

Looking for basic instructions on configuring Enigma

Post by Frogman07 »

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum just a few minutes ago. So excuse me for posting the same question again.

I'm brand-new to rainmeter and just downloaded and installed Enigma. when I go to the FAQ page and click on "how do I configure enigma's options and preferences" it shows a one page simple overview of how to basically start the options menu but doesn't really describe any of the configuration steps in any detail. There's of a cryptic comment at the bottom that says " Since most settings are fairly self-explanatory, this article will only elaborate on those which require multiple steps." But I can't find a link to any of the other explanations. Is there any other source of information about how to configure this skin? Barring that, is there any source of general tips and directions on how to configure skins in general? I did read the FAQ: please read before posting message but the list questions really didn't address my questions. Most of my questions at this point are really very basic. Things like how to get stuff into the sidebars or to show up there, how to get the taskbar on the bottom to show up, and how to get icons for programs into the taskbar, etc. I'm really just looking for a basic orientation on how to set up and use Enigma.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Looking for basic instructions on configuring Enigma

Post by Kaelri »

I think these two pages from the Rainmeter manual will answer a lot of your questions:
Enigma works pretty much the same as any other skin suite. As the above links describe, you can use either the built-in RainBrowser utility, or the Rainmeter context menu, to select skins to add to your desktop. Once there, you can simply drag them into place. You can also right-click any skin to change basic properties like transparency, position, snap-to-edges, and so on.

The "Options" skin (under Enigma\Resources\Options) is used mainly to set personal information, such as passwords and RSS feeds. You can hover your mouse over any of the provided options to see a more detailed explanation in a tooltip. To change an option, simply click it, and a text field will appear, allowing you to edit the value. As soon as you press "Enter" to submit the new value, all of your skins will be automatically refreshed to apply the change.

I hope this helps. :)