It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 10:11 am

Rainmeter Radio Player

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Purecut

Rainmeter Radio Player

Post by Purecut »

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a Rainmeter Radio Player. All that I found here and on DevintArt contains a Virus within the RainPlayer.exe O.O . So I ask if anyone has a Radio Player for Rainmeter like the Windows gadget "Webradio Gadget - http://gallery.live.com/LiveItemDetail.aspx?li=0c01705e-75e2-4550-b9ad-68392e0804a1". I have a newer and improved version of this.

The Windows Webradio Gadget player used the Windows Media Player and I have the JavaScript code from this. Is it possible to build something for Rainmeter? :confused:

Thanks for any idea.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Radio Player

Post by jsmorley »

This skin still works ok after all this time.

It MAY get a false positive from some antivirus apps due to a compression method used with RainPlayer.exe when compiled in AutoIt. But trust me, there are no downloads with any virus on these forums. It is perfectly safe to tell your antivirus to allow it.

You will need to edit the skin to change the paths to your VLC.exe and your skin folder, and it REALLY needs some updating for the look and feel, but it might be a good place to start if you want to dig into it.

There are probably other alternatives by now for getting Shoutcast or other internet radio working with players other than VLC, but I will let others weigh in on that.

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=599&hilit=RainRadio
Purecut

Post by Purecut »

Can you push me into the right direction for a skin using the media player or winamp, because I do not want a third player on my system.

Many thanks
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Purecut wrote:Can you push me into the right direction for a skin using the media player or winamp, because I do not want a third player on my system.

Many thanks
All skins based on the NowPlaying plugin support a bunch of players (including WMP and Winamp). For example:
- Soita
- CLN

Find more here.
Purecut

Post by Purecut »

poiru wrote: All skins based on the NowPlaying plugin support a bunch of players (including WMP and Winamp). For example:
- Soita
- CLN

Find more here.
Hi poiru

thats right and I new your plugin, but all the skins that you named will only show what these players are playing and that is not the same. I have no chance to into a url within these skins to tell winmap, footbar etc. to play something. The infos from these skins is player -> rainmeter skin and the skin will show the infos. This is a so called remote control for the players (play, stop, next etc.). There is no input a string what the player have to play.

I'm looking for a skin where I have the chance to input a radio station url and the player will play it. See the windows webradio gadget (I attached my version here so that you can see what I mean). The skin from post #2 recommended that vcl player is installed onto your system. I'm looking for something that do not recommend these players and work with winamp or media player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

Purecut wrote:I'm looking for a skin where I have the chance to input a radio station url and the player will play it. See the windows webradio gadget (I attached my version here so that you can see what I mean). The skin from post #2 recommended that vcl player is installed onto your system. I'm looking for something that do not recommend these players and work with winamp or media player.
I know this isn't exactly what you're asking but if you have Winamp installed, just go into Shoutcast, bookmark the stations you want and then grab the url from the file info dialog within Winamp and then save each url in it's own text file as a ".m3u". You can then make links/buttons that load those files from within any skin using the NowPlaying Plugin and they will launch the station within Winamp.

I've got a skin where I can load local files, (unfortunately, not folders) as well as Shoutcast stations all from within the skin
Purecut

Post by Purecut »

I search the complete weekend for a usable rainmeter radio player but do not find anything useful stuff. Out of this case I changed the Windows Webradio Gadget for using to rainmeter. Attached is the rainmeter windows gadget. You can change it to your needs by editing the background image and you have to play with the settings for the text and control buttons.
Last edited by jsmorley on July 17th, 2011, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment of non-Rainmeter sutff removed. Post a link if you want.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

I'm not sure if you meant that this was supposed to be a Rainmeter skin or want someone to make this a Rainmeter skin, but it's just a windows gadget right?
Aside form rainradio, I have yet to see a another skin that plays the way that did. I got the false positive and removed it since my norton was being a pain and would auto delete the files necessary to make it work. Im happy with being able to load various playlist files and Shoutcast stations using Poiru's plugin and outdated WA_COMMAND's
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have a brand new variant of RainRadio that uses NowPlaying and works pretty well in the final fine-tuning stages and will post it in Share Your Creations soon.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

Very interested. For some reason, out of all the time I spent looking for a radio-type player, I never thought to just go grab that one and redo the coding. Was in the very first couple days of my RM use when I had no idea about anything.