It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:34 pm

Can I do these things with Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
XBWillem

Can I do these things with Rainmeter?

Post by XBWillem »

I'm experimenting with Rainmeter. I currently use the Illustro default skin and I'm editing the windows. But now I would like to add a window!

I'm not sure if the things I want are possible. I run Windows 7. If they are, could somebody point me to a topic/file where I can read instructions on how to do this?

Is it possible to:

Add a search window for Youtube, Facebook and Twitter? So three seperate windows, just like the Google on.

Make the heading 'Google' in the Google window a hyperlink to Google itself? Just like Recyle Bin leads to the bin folder.

Add a calender, to which I can add notes, tasks and deadlines? I currently use Rainlender, but can't really integrate it nicely into Rainmeter.

Add a window that shows the current song and artist I'm playing and the album art, that works with Windows Media Player and iTunes? I want it to use the album art I designated to the music file.

Add a window with icons/shortcuts to software? I have in mind a window with 3x3 icons, though wich I can browse from left to right to display more icons. I don't like my taskbar filled with the neccesary icons, looks chaotic now.
"Through that last dark cloud is a dying star. And soon enough, Xibalbia will die. And when it explodes, it will be reborn. You will bloom... and I will live. Together we will live forever." Image
Seahorse

Re: Can I do these things with Rainmeter?

Post by Seahorse »

I'm pretty certain the answer to all of those is yes, start with the 101 and work your way up... ;-)
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

XBWillem

Post by XBWillem »

Ok, thank you. I'll take a dive into 101.
"Through that last dark cloud is a dying star. And soon enough, Xibalbia will die. And when it explodes, it will be reborn. You will bloom... and I will live. Together we will live forever." Image
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

The calendar is the only one that could be tricky. If all you want is a list of events by date, then that's easy enough. (We even have skins that display dates from Google Calendar or Remember The Milk.) An actual graphical calendar, however, is a little trickier - we have to jump through hoops just to display the grid of numbers, much less associate specific dates with specific events. I think it could be done, but it'd be a lot of work.

Aside from that, everything you listed is very straightforward and won't give you any trouble.
XBWillem

Post by XBWillem »

I'm trying the first tutorial now, the system monitor. Everything works out fine, though I stumbled on one problem.

I've set 'Backgroundmode=2' in [Rainmeter]

and I've set 'Color1=200,0,100,255' in [Variables].

But I don't see any background colors. I'm editing in Notepad. I've changed the alpha value to both '0' and '255', saved the file and refreshed Rainmeter to see if there's any difference. There isn't!

So what am I doing wrong? This is my entire notepad file:
[Rainmter]
Update=1000
Author=XBWillem
Backgroundmode=2
SolidColor=#Color1#

[Variables]
Color1=200,0,100,255
Color2=255,255,255,255
Coor3=0,0,0,128

[MeasureCPU]
Measure=CPU

[MeasureRAM]
Measure=PhysicalMemory

[MeasureSwap]
Measure=SwapMemory

[MeterCPUText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPU
X=5
Y=5
W=105
H=15
FontColor=#Color2#
Text="CPU: %1%"
AntiAlias=1
spx
Developer

Post by spx »

It's a typo:
[Rainmeter]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

:-)
XBWillem

Post by XBWillem »

Aaaah, terrible. Thanks a lot!