It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:03 pm

STRING Meter size change not matched by background.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Seahorse

STRING Meter size change not matched by background.

Post by Seahorse »

Currently employing a SolidColor background for STRING meter with the separate skin I'm using for Lyrics launched by my media player. Both are powered by NowPlaying, but rest of theme uses aero blur so I am trying to combine aero blur with the Lyrics meter that changes size on each new track.

The following gives a rounded corner rectangle the size of the string meter when first run :D

Code: Select all

Blur=1
BlurRegion=2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15
Launch Lyrics skin, works fine.
Capture2.PNG
However, ffwd to next song and it retains the old dimensions, so a box that doesn't fit the new song is left on screen. Refreshing the skin either does nothing or changes the background merging old and new string boxes (see screenie) if they are different H & W.
Capture.PNG
Closing the lyrics skin and toggling again (!RainmeterToggleConfig) from the media player gives the right size, the next track starts the problem again.

I don't think it's a DynamicVariables problem (tried it), and as Refreshing the skin doesn't work no point in trying !RainmeterRefresh bang.

TrackChangeAction=!RainmeterToggleConfig "Cobolt\Lyrics" "Lyrics.ini" doesn't do anything when run from the lyrics skin, and effectively would need to be run twice to close & open as it were.

Is this an issue with the STRING meter, aero blur, NowPlaying or am I missing something else from my lyrics config?

Not sure what to try next... :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

smurfier

Re: STRING Meter size change not matched by background.

Post by smurfier »

Try using TrackChangeAction combined with !RainmeterRemoveBlur "region" to remove the blur, then on the same line use !RainmeterAddBlur "region" to add the new blur.

I believe this should "refresh" the blur.
TrackChangeAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRemoveBlur 2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15][!RainmeterAddBlur 2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15][!RainmeterUpdate]
Last edited by smurfier on July 2nd, 2011, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

No change in behaviour using:

Code: Select all

TrackChangeAction=!RainmeterRemoveBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15" !RainmeterAddBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Because that's not how you add bangs together. You have to use !Execute.

TrackChangeAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRemoveBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15"][!RainmeterAddBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15"][!RainmeterUpdate]
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

smurfier wrote:Because that's not how you add bangs together. You have to use !Execute.

TrackChangeAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRemoveBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15"][!RainmeterAddBlur "2,0,0,#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#,#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#,15"][!RainmeterUpdate]
Correct. One really needs to have the manual open in a browser window when trying new things, or you can really waste a lot of time just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Near the top of the manual page for !Bangs:

Multiple !Bangs must be in square brackets preceded by !Execute and a space:
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [!RainmeterResetStats][!RainmeterRefresh]
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I'm working as I always do with the skin ini open, the manual in the browser and normally a skin to compare code against if I have something similar or I'm testing something I don't understand. I try for hours or days to figure it out myself, if I'm still failing hard I call in the cavalry in the forums.

However, despite the addition of !Execute, square brackets & [!RainmeterUpdate] the stepped backgrounds remain. Refreshing does nothing, toggling the lyrics on and off via the media player ini gives a perfect blur region until the next song starts... :?
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Could you zip up your skin so that I can play with it please?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Test.rmskin is here.

Launch the Media player (set for Winamp as default) play a song, and click the musical note in the bottom right to toggle the lyrics skin.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I believe the problem we're having with the blur is because of how it's meant to work. I'm still working on it.

You had OnTrackChange set in the string meter. It needs to go on the main NowPlaying measure.

And...
The Almighty Manual wrote: Formulas and variables can be used, although dynamic variables and measures aren't supported in the [Rainmeter] section. For example: BlurRegion=1,#MyVar1#,#MyVar2#,(10 + 10),(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# - 30)
So I assume that #CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT# and #CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH# cannot be used since they are dynamic.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Just spotted the "#CURRENTCONFIG#" requirement for TrackChangeAction and either that or moving it to the main measure has crashed Rainmeter which refuses to start without a reboot, so I suppose that's confirmation of sorts... :-(
toggling the lyrics on and off via the media player ini gives a perfect blur region
TrackChangeAction toggle off, toggle on? Will fiddle some more... :uhuh:
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt