It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:01 pm

Sepia

Quote of the Day, To-Do List and other text-based skins
Kaelri
Developer

Sepia

Post by Kaelri »

I started this thing over a year ago; it's been sitting in a folder, 98% finished, ever since. Today I decided to toss in a few modern bells and whistles, and release it.

Sepia is a simple skin that shows a live-updating display of any plaintext log file. Great for Trillian, mIRC, Rainmeter's debug file, etc. Click the caption to change the source file; click the body text to open in a text editor. Scroll direction, number of lines fetched, colors, fonts and dimensions all adjustable in Variables.

Uses a custom addon called RainLogger by JSMorley, used with permission - unless he's revoked it since then ;) - and a free font called Geo Sans Light.

DeviantArt Download
GHOST®

Re: Sepia

Post by GHOST® »

Firefly!!! :oD

Why do all the shows I like get cancelled?? :o(

Ah well, was a great show while it lasted and at least they got to close things out with Serenity. :o)

Skin looks cool, DLing now, see what kind of ideas this one sparks in me brain. ;op
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Dojomoto

Post by Dojomoto »

OK. I decided to try and make use of this lovely looking skin, but after both downloading it and saving it to my system and installing it, or just installing straight from DA, it shows it is installing into Rainmeter, but it never appears. I searched for it in the actual Skins folder and it's not there, and through Rainmeters own Skin Browser. I just updated to the latest Rainmeter Beta today (2.1 r838).
I also tried to install 2 other skins with this new Beta and one worked fine (Steam Pack by Sooner266) and another did not (Glo-Clock by DEMONiZER). Is there some bug in the latest Beta?
Dojomoto

Post by Dojomoto »

I see Sepia now has its comments blocked on DA. Is there a virus issue with this file now? I wouldn't think so since the author is so close to the devs on Rainmeter. I hate how a few a**hats have to spoil everyone else's fun on the internet. Grrrrr.

Edit: Looks like DA has locked many of the latest uploads. I assume till it gets sorted out.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Dojomoto wrote:I see Sepia now has its comments blocked on DA. Is there a virus issue with this file now? I wouldn't think so since the author is so close to the devs on Rainmeter. I hate how a few a**hats have to spoil everyone else's fun on the internet. Grrrrr.

Edit: Looks like DA has locked many of the latest uploads. I assume till it gets sorted out.
They have a problem over there. Nothing is "locked" as of now, just all stats and comments are missing.
Dojomoto

Post by Dojomoto »

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.