It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 6:43 pm

Gnometer Gcal

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
tmcgann

Gnometer Gcal

Post by tmcgann »

I love the skin, except for Gcal. It seems to only pull random events from Google. Events in the middle of the month are skipped over making the module essentially useless, I still have to get the info elsewhere. I've tried editing the events, refreshing the skin, all to no avail. Is there an update since Rainmeter 2.0 came out that will help? or is the a bug?

Todd
Grantp

Re: Gnometer Gcal

Post by Grantp »

Hi,

Don't know if you still have the problem with Gcal but I had problems at first but all ok now.

A know problem is if an Event is set to All Day it throws Gcal out totally. My work round was to give an all day event a start and an end time IE

Start 00:00 - End 23:59 and that seemed to sort things.

I have posted Poiru Gnometer developer my findings and he hopefully sorting for next release.

Hope thats of some help

Cheers Grant
tmcgann1144

Re: Gnometer Gcal

Post by tmcgann1144 »

http://rainmeter.net/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=8601# Thanks Grant. I tried your trick, no go. just got a new, custom-built computer, and at first (for about a week) it worked perfectly pulling all dates from Google Calendar. Suddenly, it just stopped pulling all events, skipping over some. I can't figure out what changed. I didn't change anything at Google, or with Gcal, or rainmeter. It just stopped working right. The 8-panel version doesn't pull anything at all. This is very frustrating. Do you, or ANYONE, have any more suggestions?

Todd

UPDATE: Thanks to Grant, I solved the problem! It seems that if you have a recuring event, it must NOT be set to all day. I had an event like this, set it to partial day, and everything now works fine, even the 8-panel is pulling events without skipping anything. Thanks Grant for the tip!