It is currently May 6th, 2024, 9:55 pm

Finally got Rainmeter to work, but... (Omnimio help)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
8mileroad

Finally got Rainmeter to work, but... (Omnimio help)

Post by 8mileroad »

After a long time of fixing and messing around Rainmeter finally works on my computer. I fully set up a config with Enigma (sweet theme) and backed it up then I found Omnimio. It's probably the best theme for anything I've ever seen, no exaggeration. I was working on a config for it and all-of-the-sudden it slowed down, and stayed that way through restarts, exits, etc., and this shouldn't be happening to me. My computer isn't cutting-edge but it has 6GB RAM, and an i7 720M. To put it into perspective, it's so slow the tiles have about a 3 second delay after dragging and when scrolling down the panels list you can only go one item at a time with clicking and waiting a few seconds. Enigma and all of the other skins still work at full speed. Any help would be great. Windows 7 64-bit
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Finally got Rainmeter to work, but... (Omnimio help)

Post by Kaelri »

I don't think this is a problem with your system. I get similar lag on my 4GB, 2.4GHz dual-core machine. Omnimo is visually impressive, but it is not exactly optimized for performance.
8mileroad

Re: Finally got Rainmeter to work, but... (Omnimio help)

Post by 8mileroad »

Yeah I understand what you're saying but much weaker machines can run it which is kind of puzzling to me. Does Omnimio use all 4 cores?