It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:03 am

Add the "none" theme to pre install themes group

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kenz0
Developer

Add the "none" theme to pre install themes group

Post by kenz0 »

This theme that is called "none" or "blank" is a simple empty theme. i.e. this is the same as the default of 0.14. The user might be useful to build the theme from the blank desktop.
In addition, this means use as the easy alternative of "New" button of RainThemes.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Add the "none" theme to pre install themes group

Post by jsmorley »

kenz0 wrote:This theme that is called "none" or "blank" is a simple empty theme. i.e. this is the same as the default of 0.14. The user might be useful to build the theme from the blank desktop.
In addition, this means use as the easy alternative of "New" button of RainThemes.
Not a bad idea at all to pre-create a "Blank" theme to install with Rainmeter so they already have one in RainThemes and don't need to use the "Create as blank theme" checkbox to save an empty Rainmeter environment. I use the Blank theme myself quite often, when I want to quickly "clear the decks" so I can test a skin a user is having a problem with, or when I want to start from nothing and load individual skins to create a new theme.

I probably would not remove the checkbox as it does no harm to still have it and there may be a case where a user gets RainThemes as a separate app from Rainmeter or is running an older version which doesn't include it, but having the Blank theme already there would be a nice touch.