It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 6:02 pm

Opacicty With Windows Blur Suggestion

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
digitaldeviant2

Opacicty With Windows Blur Suggestion

Post by digitaldeviant2 »

I'm new to coding rainmeter. I only started a few days ago, and it seems fairly simple. I wanted to use Aero in my thing that I'm creating, but I noticed that when I change the color intensity of my theme in the personalization options, in windows 7, rainmeter doesn't change the opacity along with windows. This is what I mean:

The bar on the left is the windows 7 task bar. The bar on the top is a meter in rainmeter I made to look windows 7-ish. (it's really easy to tell a difference with pink)

And here's some windows next to a menu I made for rainmeter.

It'd be really nice if this were to be added to the next version of rainmeter. I can work around this by adding a transparent black background behind the blur, but it would have to be manually adjusted.
Seahorse

Re: Opacicty With Windows Blur Suggestion

Post by Seahorse »

Are you using a background image of some sort with your meter? I've just tried pink and other colours and they look fine here (I am NOT using a background image on mine btw) If so change the play with alpha value of that image and see if that helps... ;-)
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

I am not quite sure what you mean by changing opacity, as (AFAIK) the opacity of the blur cannot be changed. Could you be more specific? And, I assume that you're using Blur=1 (and, possibly, BlurRegion) in your skin?
Church Punk

Post by Church Punk »

I believe the difference is between focused and unfocused windows... If you lookt at your picture (2nd) you can see that the focused windows has the color of the taskbar, while the unfocused windows has the color exactly the same as rainmeter. Also, try to activate transparency of the windows, maybe that helps (of course it doesnt if you dont want transparency).

Maybe it is a win7 feature, cuz on vista it changes as expected :confused:
digitaldeviant2

@Seahorse: No, I'm not using any background image. Just the blur.

@poiru: I didn't really mean opacity of the blur, I meant the further the "color intensity" in the aero theme, the less transparent the taskbar gets. With color intensity all the way up, you can no longer see through the taskbar or focused windows anymore, though, unfocused windows remain more transparent. And I'm using Blur=2, for curved corners and blur region.

@Church Punk: Yeah, there is a difference, you can see through unfocused windows when the color intensity is all the way up but not focused windows. And I do have transparency activated. Hmm, I'm not sure about the vista thing, maybe it is only 7.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

digitaldeviant2 wrote:@poiru: I didn't really mean opacity of the blur, I meant the further the "color intensity" in the aero theme, the less transparent the taskbar gets. With color intensity all the way up, you can no longer see through the taskbar or focused windows anymore, though, unfocused windows remain more transparent. And I'm using Blur=2, for curved corners and blur region.
Ah, I see what you mean now. Unfortunately that is not possible, as Windows treats the Rainmeter configs as unfocused window(s).
digitaldeviant2

Oh, okay. That kinda sucks :/.. I guess if they weren't treated as unfocused you'd have trouble keeping them in the background. But maybe it could have been an option. Oh well, I'll stick to my little workaround.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Greetings

Just started messing with Blur the other nite. Nice thus far. :o)

I've read how if a meter is hidden, the blur will remain, and I've managed to us HideBlur to alleviate this issue. However, in my post readings, I didnt see any mention of an issue I ran into with my GMail Skin.

Its a small skin, 175x40. When U select the Mail Icon, it will then Expand to show the most recent Emails Senders and Titles up to 10. This max size of the skin is then 175x393.

The issue I'm experiencing is the reverse of the Blur Remaining, the Blur in this situation doesnt expand to the whole image background, remaining ONLY on the original 175x40.

I'm only using Blur=1 in my [Rainmeter] Section and have a BackGroundMode=3

I'm thinking/hoping I'm overlooking something simple. Any insights/suggestions??
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Can you upload your Gmail skin (remember to remove user/pass)?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

poiru wrote:Can you upload your Gmail skin (remember to remove user/pass)?
Sorry for the Delay. Been trying to hunt down the reason for #MSUR_GMailCount_Current - Unknown function/variable, and an #Extra operation appearing in About when its active. :o(

Here is my GMail skin. Sorry its not a .rmskin, I'm still having problems with rmskinmaker adding a weird character to all the ® in my files.
GHOST®.7z
[/strike]
Anyways . . . You can set the User Name & User Password within the skin itself if you dont want to hunt through my "still in progress" Variables.inc. U can also toggle the Blur On & Off from within the skin itself.
I removed my name & pass, strangley enough it would still connect me to my EMail even though I replaced my info in the Variables with generic prompt phrases"User=GMail User Name" & "UserPass=GMail Password". Refreshing and\or Restarting RM had no effect until I left them completely blank. :o0

Soooo, if you happen to somehow get access to my EMail, dont delete all my prOn plez!! ;oP

Oh! On a more seroius note, i was able to get the blur to extend using AddBlur in a test skin, however I couldnt get it to Remove afterwards. I'm thinking\hoping this is just operator error on my part, so please let me know if something is actually amiss, or if I need to go back and Read\Trial&Error some more.

Thanks!!! :oD

P.S. U'll need @ least 10 EMails in your box in order for it to expand its full 393 Height.
Last edited by GHOST® on June 7th, 2011, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"