It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:00 pm

RSS Feed help on Omnimo theme

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
aus1094

RSS Feed help on Omnimo theme

Post by aus1094 »

I am new to using Rainmaker, and just finished personalizing my omnimo theme. After finishing I realized that my RSS feeds wouldn't update. I've been searching for how to fix this issue all day, but cannot find an answer any where. So, may someone help me solve this? (Also, it isn't the theme because I tried it on ABP, Enigma, and Gnometer and anything to do with RSS feeds never worked.)

Thanks in advance :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RSS Feed help on Omnimo theme

Post by jsmorley »

Can you run this skin and see if Rainmeter is talking to the internet ok?

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38701#p38701
aus1094

Post by aus1094 »

I ran it and I get a red light. Does that mean its a firewall or something similar?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

99% chance that you have a setting for some kind of proxy in Internet Explorer. Even if you use Firefox or Chrome or something else, Rainmeter's WebParser uses a stub of Internet Explorer on every Windows PC, and if there is a proxy setting that requires validation when you connect, it won't work. Try turning off any proxy settings in IE and see if that doesn't fix it.

If not, you could look at your firewall settings and add an exception for Rainmeter.exe inbound and outbound.
aus1094

Post by aus1094 »

I just updated my anti-virus program and was forced to restart my computer. Oddly, upon reboot it fixed itself. Thanks for your help though, it is much appreciated :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

aus1094 wrote:I just updated my anti-virus program and was forced to restart my computer. Oddly, upon reboot it fixed itself. Thanks for your help though, it is much appreciated :D
Glad it's working... :-)
harry_1754

Post by harry_1754 »

jsmorley wrote:99% chance that you have a setting for some kind of proxy in Internet Explorer. Even if you use Firefox or Chrome or something else, Rainmeter's WebParser uses a stub of Internet Explorer on every Windows PC, and if there is a proxy setting that requires validation when you connect, it won't work. Try turning off any proxy settings in IE and see if that doesn't fix it.

If not, you could look at your firewall settings and add an exception for Rainmeter.exe inbound and outbound.

man im really sorry but im having the same problem and after trying everything nothing seems to work

ok i tried the test you mentioned above and it showed a red light,so i added the rainmeter to firewall exception,but nothing works,i did change the proxy setting in my internet explorer

wot i see is im using the omnimo thingi,but before that i was using someother theme and it did displayed the upload speed and download speed i have no idea if it means anything

im using windows 7 service pack 1.
please help me..i want this thing working
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.