It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:45 pm

Some ping or timeout ?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
KA-LA

Some ping or timeout ?

Post by KA-LA »

So I want to do following: lets say you go top of screen with mouse and you have some 1% transparent image that has mouseoveraction there. so if you mouse over something !rainmetershowmeter comes avaliable. But what I want is that it would not come right when i mouseover but lets say about 5 seconds later.

This thing possible in rainmeter?

Appriciate any help.
poiru
Developer

Re: Some ping or timeout ?

Post by poiru »

You could have something like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterEnableMeasure mCounter][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterDisableMeasure mCounter][!RainmeterHideMeter METERNAME][!RainmeterRedraw]

[mCounter]
Measure=Calc
Formula=mCounter + 1
IfAboveValue=3
; specify timeout value here
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter METERNAME][!RainmeterRedraw]
Disabled=1
.. where METERNAME is the meter you want to show after the timeout. Remember to add Hidden=1 to that meter.
KA-LA

Post by KA-LA »

Woah, very cool. Thanks poiru. Just one more thing. is it possible like you know C has AND OR IF ELSE commands something like that in rainmeter? for example you type something in textbox and if it reconizes something it !rainmetershowmeter
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

KA-LA wrote:Woah, very cool. Thanks poiru. Just one more thing. is it possible like you know C has AND OR IF ELSE commands something like that in rainmeter? for example you type something in textbox and if it reconizes something it !rainmetershowmeter
You can use the Script measure (for proper logical statements with Lua) or alternatively mess with IfAbove/Equal/BelowAction and the logical operators in the Calc measure.
KA-LA

Post by KA-LA »

Damn how much the RM has changed since I last used it