Linemeter scroll speed

Post by SirKraete »

is there a way to change it? i want it to go obscenely fast
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Linemeter scroll speed

Post by jsmorley »

SirKraete wrote:is there a way to change it? i want it to go obscenely fast
It's all a function of what you set Update= to in the [Rainmeter] section at the top of your skin. The default is Update=1000, which means once every 1000 milliseconds, or once a second. If you reduce this to 500, it will be once every 1/2 a second, and so on. Be aware, that past a certain point, and very much depending on how much work your skin is doing every "Update", setting this very low can make Rainmeter a bit of a CPU hog. I almost never recommend setting it lower than 50 or even 100, or in fact Rainmeter can just about turn your PC into its bitch... "Get in the kitchen Windows, and bring me ALL the cycles! I'm hungry!"

Hope this helps. I'm off to my Gender Sensitivity classes, back later...
SirKraete

Post by SirKraete »

Is there a way to make it scroll that fast yet keep the slower update? Ultimately i guess what im trying to say is, were the line meter a sine wave i would like it to display a smaller amount of periods at a speedy rate
SirKraete

Post by SirKraete »

got it! http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-GeneralSettings_beta the averagesize function is what i was looking for
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SirKraete wrote:got it! http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-GeneralSettings_beta the averagesize function is what i was looking for
Ah, I see what you are going for. Yeah, that will work fine.