It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 12:19 am

Image clock help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hailuu

Image clock help

Post by hailuu »

I have a folder of images, each image telling a time. 0000.jpg, 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg...2359.jpg

Would someone be kind enough to create a skin for me? Thank You
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Image clock help

Post by jsmorley »

hailuu wrote:I have a folder of images, each image telling a time. 0000.jpg, 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg...2359.jpg

Would someone be kind enough to create a skin for me? Thank You
We do not do skin requests on this forum. The goal here is to "teach a man to fish", not "give a man a fish".

We are happy to provide some hints on how you can use images named like that in conjunction with a Measure=Time to have an image-based clock, but nobody is just going to write a skin for you. No offense, but it is not what we want to accomplish with this forum.

I think this is more or less the approach you want to take.

[MeasureHours]
Measure=Time
Format=%H

[MeasureMinutes]
Measure=Time
Format=%M

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureHours][MeasureMinutes].png
DynamicVariables=1

P.S. You really have 2,360 separate images? :-) I'd be tempted to make 60 images, (01-59) then use separate meters for the minutes and hours, just positioning them so they look like one image.
hailuu

Post by hailuu »

jsmorley wrote: We do not do skin requests on this forum. The goal here is to "teach a man to fish", not "give a man a fish".

We are happy to provide some hints on how you can use images named like that in conjunction with a Measure=Time to have an image-based clock, but nobody is just going to write a skin for you. No offense, but it is not what we want to accomplish with this forum.

I think this is more or less the approach you want to take.

[MeasureHours]
Measure=Time
Format=%H

[MeasureMinutes]
Measure=Time
Format=%M

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureHours][MeasureMinutes].png
DynamicVariables=1

P.S. You really have 2,360 separate images? :-) I'd be tempted to make 60 images, (01-59) then use separate meters for the minutes and hours, just positioning them so they look like one image.
Thanks for the help! It worked. I appreciate it.
I am using this at the moment:
[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%H%M.jpg

[Image]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
but it doesn't seem to like loading images in both portrait and landscape. Either portrait gets cut off or landscape gets cut off.

I have a total of 1440 (24 hours X 60 Minutes) separate images, each looks a little something like this
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Cute. Glad you got it working ok.