It is currently May 4th, 2024, 1:19 pm

Winamp skin 2.0

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Cryogenic

Winamp skin 2.0

Post by Cryogenic »

Hi guys.

Ok so some of you might know i'm developing a winamp skin. I've got the basic functionality down.
I've included a volume bar, which you can click on to adjust the volume. it only works in 10% increments, but the vol up and vol down buttons give you more fine control once you've jumped to your general volume you want.

Now i'm wanting to do 2 things. work the play position the same but hopefully more acurate. and to make the repeat and shuffle buttons change when they turned off/on.

what i need is a list where i can find all the 'windows message's i can use to get info from winamp. so far i've just gotten the messages i needed off other winamp skins, but no skins i've found seem to do this.

I've included my skin for your referance.
Seahorse

Re: Winamp skin 2.0

Post by Seahorse »

Repeat & shuffle examples here.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

JoBu

Post by JoBu »

Here's the link you wanted too:

Using Windows Messages to control Winamp

(The Windows Message instructions are a little down the page - scroll down to section 2)

Cheers.
Cryogenic

Post by Cryogenic »

I've done some work on my skin.

so far i've got the volume working using an app called WACommand. but i'd like to do it without if possable.
what i need is the command (preferably windows message) that i can send i.e. 273 XXXXXXX 50 to jump to 50% volume
or 273 XXXXXXXXX val to jump to time where value is ether percentage of song or time in seconds or some such.

i've also made the startwinamp button apear and disapear when winamp is or isnot running which is kinda cool. at present i've just got winamp opening a dialog asking for the time you want to jump to if you click the progress bar. please find attached the skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Cryogenic wrote:so far i've got the volume working using an app called WACommand. but i'd like to do it without if possable.
what i need is the command (preferably windows message) that i can send i.e. 273 XXXXXXX 50 to jump to 50% volume
or 273 XXXXXXXXX val to jump to time where value is ether percentage of song or time in seconds or some such.
- You don't need WACommand. Simply use the WindowMessage plugin.
- An even better choice would be the the NowPlaying plugin http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7740.

The parameter for SET_VOLUME is 122.