It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 4:01 pm

ColorMatrix Meter color fades?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
wwwrun

ColorMatrix Meter color fades?

Post by wwwrun »

Hello you all,

I have a question regarding skinning: Is i possible to somehow use a ColorMatrix or similar to affect e.g. linemeters with it?
For example to realize color fades/fade-outs, or tint the peaks of a graph in red or similar.

I attached a screenshot with what an example skin of me looks like now beside a photoshopped version of what would be perfect.
Thanks in advance for any hints.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GHOST®

Re: ColorMatrix Meter color fades?

Post by GHOST® »

Tough to get help around here some times, so I hope I can help U with this?? :)
FadeLine.png
I tweaked my CPU Skin real quick to test this out. The Key things are the SolidColors, Gradient Angle, W, H, and having an Image to overlay the SolidColors. If this will suit U, use/tweak the code below til U get the exact FX U desire. Hope U dont mind, but I believe I'm gonna add this FX permananetly to my Skin as well, though with a longer fade-in as my CPU bar is 1600 long. Gonna try other colors too. :o)

[STYL_HRZDvidersRTEST]
SolidColor=255,255,255,1
SolidColor2=0,0,0,255
GradientAngle=180

[METR_DividerLineT2TEST]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=STYL_HRZDvidersRTEST
X=35
Y=94
W=150
H=38

[METR_BttmCPUGrid.png]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#RsrcPath#CPUGrid.png
ImageTint=127.5,127.5,127.5,255
X=-17r
Y=-17r
W=1572
H=57

***EDIT: Same set up, except W=600
FadeLineW600.png
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

:thumbup:
Way to go GHOST =D
lol anywayz what he said was exactly what he wanted
Im not to familiar with colormatrices myself so I dont know if what you want is possible with them, but what ghost said will work.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
wwwrun

Post by wwwrun »

Hi,

haven't checked a while in again since there were no replys at first but, wow, thanks for your help! I'm running bits of your code now, too, with a gradient image overlay fitting my background color and it looks very smooth. Until I change the wallpaper :D

Do you think there is a way to just fade the linemeter to transparent? At the moment that sounds probably more like a feature request for RM2.2. It would be so so cool to have the possibillity to use greyscale images and color-matrices like in the WhiteToAlpha example as alpha masks for the meters.