It is currently May 6th, 2024, 6:39 am

Rainmeter fade skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vision10

Rainmeter fade skins

Post by vision10 »

How can I make rainmeter close the skins one at a time with fade effect or just with a fade effect?
santa_ryan

Re: Rainmeter fade skins

Post by santa_ryan »

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Bangs
!RainmeterShowFade (Config), !RainmeterHideFade (Config), !RainmeterToggleFade (Config)
Shows or hides the current or specified (Config) skin using a "fade" effect. The speed of the fade is determined by the "FadeDuration=" setting for the skin in Rainmeter.ini.

!RainmeterHideFadeGroup [Group]
Hide the configs in the specified group using a fade effect.

!RainmeterShowFadeGroup [Group]
Show the configs in the specified group using a fade effect.

!RainmeterToggleFadeGroup [Group]
Toggle the configs in the specified group between show and hide using a fade effect.
Be a bit more specific with what you want to do for more help

What do you mean "Close the skins"?

Do you mean when you end the rainmeter process by exiting? (Possible with a skin that is specifically made to close rainmeter, or a batch file or similiar)
Do you mean when unloading the skin with rainbrowser or the right click menu? (Not possible)
Do you mean fade at a certain time? (Possible with a calc)
Do you mean fade when you click a button on a skin?
Etc. Etc. Etc.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
vision10

Post by vision10 »

When windows starts or turns off i want rainmeter to start and end the skins with a fade effect (like the desktopx widgets). One at a time it its possible. I don't want the skins just to appear/disappear I want them to fade.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Unfortunately this isn't possible in native rainmeter as far as I know

You could make a batch file with te show fade bangs and use thatas your startup for rainmeter
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

If you like calcs you can have a timer that reduces the alpha value.
When the alpha value reaches something like, 4, you can have it to fade completely.

I would think you can to the same when you want them to fade in again, but how to get them to work together with one another is a bit tricky in my mind atm.
But you can make them fade slowly if you are any way familiar with calcs, bangs and DynamicVariables.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
vision10

Post by vision10 »

I don't want them to fade when windows is running just when windows starts or turns off or when I manualy close rainmeter.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Like i said in my previous post,
you can use the Fade bangs in a batch file or autoit to do the fade in on windows start by just placing your script in the startup directory of windows or making a new reg. entry

OR, you can use a Calc, dynamic variables, a counter, an IfEqual measurement, and a simple !RainmeterDisableMeasure bang.

You can't to this for exiting rainmeter though, unless you have a script designed to close rainmeter.