It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:43 am

Task list skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
luckycharms

Task list skin

Post by luckycharms »

Can anyone recommend a good "to do" skin for rainmeter (preferrably gnometer, but any other theme would do)? Ideally (..lights his pipe..) it'd be one that integrated with onenote or something like that. That is, I would prefer that the skin interface with a more robust task management platform (onenote, outlook, etc), rather than serve as the management app itself. Any ideas?

thanks!
santa_ryan

Re: Task list skin

Post by santa_ryan »

You cannot sync with outlook or onenote until someone decides to write a plugin to support this. The files they use are encrypted and compressed and all of that, and therefore you cant just use something like WebParser to get the data.

You can however use Google services with RSS Feeds.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
luckycharms

Post by luckycharms »

thanks for the reply. Doesn't have to be onenote or outlook - other task mgmt apps would work too. Just don't know what plugins and skins exist, if any. Any idea if any plugins exist for such things?

There *is* a plugin for Remember The Milk (see http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=515), but I was hoping to find something that would work offline too.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

I don't think that there is anything other then a simple text file todo list. :/ Sorry. You might want to go on irc and ask morley though. If you can find a program that will output the "To Do List" in a readable format (XML, HTML, Plain Text, etc) then you can use that, but there is no way to sync with onenote or outlook at the current moment.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
hdblue

Post by hdblue »

santa_ryan wrote:I don't think that there is anything other then a simple text file todo list. :/ Sorry. You might want to go on irc and ask morley though. If you can find a program that will output the "To Do List" in a readable format (XML, HTML, Plain Text, etc) then you can use that, but there is no way to sync with onenote or outlook at the current moment.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. It make me to think about for my ideals. I'll send later.

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Tasks list

Good luck.