It is currently May 7th, 2024, 8:28 pm

Gmail Messaage in SimpleSentenceThree by White-Baron

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ketsudan

Gmail Messaage in SimpleSentenceThree by White-Baron

Post by ketsudan »

Hello! I searched around and couldn't seem to find this question already asked. If it was, sorry, I probably overlooked it.

Anyways, I have simplesentencethree, a skin by White-Baron over on deviantART. I have it working and all, but I have noticed that the little message over "You have # new emails." is acting kind of funny. In the code, there are various messages, but it only seems to display the messages 0-9 and repeat any number after that as if it were "1" and "2" instead of "12".

I am a total newbie at this sort of code, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Logic and CTRL+Z always works, right? I looked into the code and thought that putting 0s in front of the single digit numbers would solve this. It does, but it makes 0-9 displays as just 0-9 and not the little messages.

Here is the code below:
;----------MEASURES----------

[MeasureMail]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=https://#Username#:#Password#@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
RegExp="(?siU)<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>"
Codepage=0
Download=1
UpdateRate=60
StringIndex=4

[MeasureMessage]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureMail]
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=1
Substitute="0":"Don't let it get you down.","1":"Check it.","2":"Two emails up in here.","3":"Tri-mail.","4":"I think you should check them.","5":"Yeah, you should check them.","6":"Read your emails, man.","7":"Seven new emails in here.","8":"Eight emails all up in this.","9":"I really think you should check them.","10":"Don't listen to me.","11":"I'm just a skin after all.","12":"Quite a few new emails you have here.","13":"Don't read them just yet.","14":"Ok now read them.","15":"Check all your emails, now.","16":"Maybe you are ignoring me.","17":"Maybe you have been away.","18":"I'm beginning to fill up.","19":"Pay attention.","20":"This is getting out of hand.","21":"This is getting out of hand.","22":"This is getting out of hand.","23":"This is getting out of hand.","24":"This is getting out of hand.","25":"This is getting out of hand.","26":"This is getting out of hand.","27":"This is getting out of hand.","28":"This is getting out of hand.","29":"This is getting out of hand.","30":"This is getting out of hand.","31":"This is getting out of hand.","32":"This is getting out of hand.","33":"This is getting out of hand.","34":"This is getting out of hand.","35":"This is getting out of hand.","36":"This is getting out of hand.","37":"This is getting out of hand.","38":"This is getting out of hand.","39":"This is getting out of hand.","40":"This is getting out of hand.","41":"This is getting out of hand.","42":"This is getting out of hand.","43":"This is getting out of hand.","44":"This is getting out of hand.","45":"This is getting out of hand.","46":"This is getting out of hand.","47":"This is getting out of hand.","48":"This is getting out of hand.","49":"This is getting out of hand.","50":"I'm going to break now."

[MeasureCount]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureMail]
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=1
Substitute="0":"no","":"[no connection]"
Any one have any idea how to fix this? I have already commented on the deviantART page, so if I don't get any response in a reasonable amount of time, I'll probably just contact the maker and see if he knows.

Thanks in advance!
santa_ryan

Re: Gmail Messaage in SimpleSentenceThree by White-Baron

Post by santa_ryan »

Reverse the order of the substitution on the webparse. the highest number should go first when substituting
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
ketsudan

Post by ketsudan »

Okay, so it should go...

Substitute="50":"message.","49":"message.","48":"message."

Until I get to 0?
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Exactly.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.