It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 1:21 pm

Enigma layering Bug

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
resist10k

Enigma layering Bug

Post by resist10k »

i have the enigma skin installed but every once in awhile ill see the taskbar skin go above the widgets i have on it as soon as i refresh all or reload theme everything is fine but it keeps doing it making some widgets unusable :(
santa_ryan

Re: Enigma layering Bug

Post by santa_ryan »

Open rainbrowser

in the active tab fine the taskbar skin
click on it
under skin actions, click skin settings
put -1 in the load order box.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
resist10k

Post by resist10k »

tried that but its still doing it :( it does it at startup and randomly it seems but its also happening on the sidebar and taskbar so multiple skins seem to do it :( is there anyway to force refresh all every minute or so?
Falconer

Post by Falconer »

There is a way, but it's a bad idea to do that, because it would be really heavy on system resources to refresh a whole Enigma setup that often. :)

As far as I know, the only way to keep it from happening is to make sure that in the (right click) > Settings > Position menu, the background skins are set to something below the other skins. Though even then, if you refresh the background skin but not the others, it might jump to the front.
I don't know why it would be happening randomly, though. :???:
As far as I know the Enigma "taskbar" and sidebar are just images; there isn't anything in the skin that would make them change like that.

Frustrating problem; I hope we can help you out. :)
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Okay, add this line to the [Rainmeter] section of the taskbar and sidebar skins your using.

MouseOverAction=!RainmeterZPos -2
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
resist10k

Post by resist10k »

thx Santa! lol as soon as i mouseover its refreshing and displaying everything perfectly :) thank you