It is currently October 18th, 2024, 3:26 am

VLC and rain meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
birdy

VLC and rain meter

Post by birdy »

Hi guys,

I am a VLC's fan for years and I am getting mad not to find a VLC skin for rainmeter (only into the gnometer theme). You got such a huge range for winamp and really ''nothing'' with VLC.
I made a theme with rainmeter and I would like to find a VLC skin to suit with my theme like I did for my others widgets.
I saw so many internet pages.......
Can you help me to find a nice skin or your advices ?
Thx
santa_ryan

Re: VLC and rain meter

Post by santa_ryan »

You can just make one. Not to many people use VLC and therefore won't skin for them.

If the gnomoter suite has one, take what it has and change it to match whatever you have.

People on these forums don't really take requests, but rather help you learn rainmeter. :)

Ill help you out when i get home, as im at school. Ill take a look at the gnometer suite and help you make a VLC skin for your "theme"
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
birdy

Post by birdy »

I already use the VLC gnometer skin for my 1st theme I made. I am really ok and that will be great to learn how to make my own VLC skin.
I didn't know that VLC became old fashion style so I am certainly a old fashion guy ;d
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Hey birdy, you're not alone. }:] I have also used VLC for a looooong time, and have no plans to switch! Here is what I use as a Rainmeter interface.

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?qh=&section=&q=vlc#/d3169i6
and
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?qh=&section=&q=vlc#/d316m45. Hang in there! }:]
Matt

Post by Matt »

santa_ryan wrote:... Not to many people use VLC and therefore won't skin for them.
VLC is hugely popular. I speculate, however, that there aren't a great number of VLC users who use it as their primary audio player.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Matt wrote: VLC is hugely popular. I speculate, however, that there aren't a great number of VLC users who use it as their primary audio player.
Correct. It is far and away the best video player, but not popular at all for audio.
Matt

Post by Matt »

jsmorley wrote: Correct. It is far and away the best video player, but not popular at all for audio.
It's like the deluxe model Swiss Army Knife of video players.

I don't follow its development very closely, but since reading this tweet last November, I expect it to gain some appeal as an audio player in the not-too-distant future.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Lol I meant as default, just meant it to be understood.

I have VLC installed everywhere, but only for playing a file that i cant play otherwise, and to be able to figure out what it is for transcoding purposes.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
birdy

Post by birdy »

I use VLC coz u can play all kind of files : I got mp3 but also .flac, .ogg vorbis etc. For me it's very souple tool, simple look (not full of buttons everywhere, equalizer and stuffs u really don't know what it can be......)
Thx for ur link, but all the buttons are stucked on my left superior angle of my screen and can't move them from there lol.....help
and can u tell me when I'll made these buttons free lol how do u set u them ?
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

I am going to assume you mean the links I posted? The controls you should be able to simply left click and drag them to wherever you want them. The Artist, Track, and Title skins however, I had to modify to get them to align on the right side of my screen.

I guess you will first need to decide exactly where you want them. If you want them on the right like I have mine (see screenshot), Here is what I did to make that work:
Go down to the last section of each skin, and compare to what I have in green below:

[Artist] ; or [Track] or [Album] respectively.
Meter=STRING
W=1000
H=35
X=500

MeasureName=mArtist
ClipString=1
;Style
FontColor=255,255,255,200
FontFace=Denmark
FontSize=22
StringAlign=Right
StringCase=NONE
StringStyle=NORMAL
AntiAlias=1

Those are the changes I made to Artist, Track, and Album to make it work for me. By the way, I am not the author of those skins, I just modified them for my use. }:]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.