It is currently May 9th, 2024, 3:58 pm

Help with Rainmeter Skin: Raining Planets

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Vasilek

Help with Rainmeter Skin: Raining Planets

Post by Vasilek »

Hey guys, im a little new here with Rainmeter and have been messing around with it for the past couple hours..and i downloaded a skin called Raining Planets from: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/81304 (thats the actual skin page right there) i got about half of the skin plugins to work but anything under the "Elementary" tab in the settings (which is like the taskbar skin, the month year, ect skin and clock) well pretty much anything thats in the center of the screen, i cannot get to work i get an error saying things like: String is not a Valid meter, or something of that sort, and also how can i get my taskbar up at the top of the screen and make it look all pretty like that haha, im bout to blow a fuse cause im getting frustrated, hopefully you guys can help me figure this out!

Much Appreciated,

Vasilek
santa_ryan

Re: Help with Rainmeter Skin: Raining Planets

Post by santa_ryan »

The problem is with how he packaged his "Suite". What he did was he took different suites of skins that he downloaded, put them in a folder called "Raining Planets" and then uploaded them. In actuality, the skins are supposed to be seperate from each other in the skins folder and not in the "Raining Planets" folder.

Either move all of the folders in the Raining Planets folder to the Skins folder or...

in all of the "Elementary" skins change the @include from

Code: Select all

@include=#SKINSPATH#\Elementary\Variables.inc
To

#RootConfigPath#\Elementary\Variables.inc
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
Vasilek

Post by Vasilek »

Alright, i fixed the Elementary file, so i got one more thing...how to i change the taskbar so it looks like the on that webpage? cause i cant figure it out at all
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Right click the toolbar, make sure Lock The Taskbar is unchecked, then click and hold the taskbar and drag it like you would an icon to the top of the screen.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
Vasilek

Post by Vasilek »

mmkay, got that, now, last thing, how can i change the color of the taskbar?
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

What OS are you running? XP requires themes and patching of files, IDK about Vista, and Windows 7 is very simple to change Aero Colors.
Vasilek

Post by Vasilek »

im running 7, and yeah i kinda figured that, but every time i change colors, it changes EVERYTHING but the taskbar...its gettin a lil frustrating...im quite dismayed at my ineptitude at this....im supposed to be good at this stuff...thats why i took so many CET classes and ect... >_<

also, thanks for all this, wasnt really expecting to get the amount of help you have provided, especially in the timeframe, thanks so much! :)
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

The task bar doesn't change? That's very strange. What color is it? Have you tried the "advanced colorization" stuff. I might be that you have your transparency for aero turned all the way down so it's making the bar clear with no color. I've had that happen to me On plenty of ocassions. I can't tell you specific instructions as I'm replying via my iPod but I will edit this once I get home. It's accessible via right click on the desktop then personalization, then at the bottom will be a few settings and one of them is your aero color. From there, there should be a button on the aero color screen to open "advanced coloring" or something to that effect. Play with those settings.

However, if you are using a custom theme for windows 7 available to you after patching the system theme DLLs then the taskbar color could conceivably be locked from within the theme itself. This is only a theory and I don't know enough about windows 7 theming yet to know if you have the ability to lock colors like that or not from within the theme files or not.

Sorry for any typos. This was sent via iPod.

Disregard the above!!!

Okay, so in looking at how the window color and appearance stuff works, I have come to the conclusion that in the "Show Color Mixer" drop down your brightness must be set all the way down. This would prevent any noticeable color change on the taskbar.

However, if you are using a custom theme for windows 7 available to you after patching the system theme DDLLs then the taskbar color could conceivably be locked from within the theme itself. This is only a theory and I don't know enough about windows 7 theming yet to know if you have the ability to lock colors like that or not from within the theme files or not.

If neither of these are the problem then it's time to ask Microsoft, as it might be a bug with Windows 7.

I don't have direct access to your system and therefore can't debug it myself. If you were to download Teamviewer Quick Support, http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx, and if we can figure out which time frame would be best suited to our schedules, I could help you directly.