It is currently September 8th, 2024, 4:42 am

Idea for Rainmeter Application

General topics related to Rainmeter.
JoBu

Idea for Rainmeter Application

Post by JoBu »

So, I was messing around creating a User Badge skin - something like a User ID skin, but as a graphic badge - and I started thinking that it would be a great idea to have these for tech support reasons.

Here's the idea:

Most large-scale networks, like government, military or medical networks have a hell of a time keeping an efficient IT Database/Protocol in place. I've worked for groups like these in the past and have always hated various problems we'd have with tracking users and systems, often in troubleshooting issues or keeping user logs, etc. We'd TermServ (or comparable) into their system and sit with them on the phone to work out their problems. Afterwards, we log the User, System, Issue, Date, Fix, etc.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just screenshot their desktop and have all that information right in the pic? Well, User Name, System ID, Date, Time... sure you could add more but I think you get the general idea.

Any thoughts?

Oh, here's the badge I was screwing around with... lol... just for kicks:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Idea for Rainmeter Application

Post by jsmorley »

My Security guys would take turns with my Human Resource guys beating the crap out of me if I suggested such a thing... ;-)
JoBu

Re: Idea for Rainmeter Application

Post by JoBu »

Laughin... well, I guess a batch on their root that can't be tinkered with is a much better idea. :oops:

Still, I like the idea of walking around and seeing a little ID badge on user systems... puts a face to the guy that's always on break.