It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:40 pm

Trying to learn Rainmeter, frustrated as heck.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
GGitsJack

Trying to learn Rainmeter, frustrated as heck.

Post by GGitsJack »

Hey guys, I've been trying to work through Rainmeter, reading through the 101s and such but to no avail I still don't get how to work all the plugin-kinda skin things.

My goal is

with a dock (that bit with the icons) like

but right now my desktop just looks like

I'm really pulling my hair out right now trying to figure out how this works, should anyone be kind enough to mentor me through this long process please add me on GGitsJack@hotmail.com, thanks =/
Last edited by jsmorley on March 22nd, 2011, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use [hsimg][/hsimg] for large images
JoBu

Re: Trying to learn Rainmeter, frustrated as heck.

Post by JoBu »

Sounds like you just need to find the right skins.

So far as the rainmeter goes, I think that first post is using... actually I'm not sure which suite that is, but if you post it on the "which rainmeter is this thread" I'm sure someone can identify it - I've seen something like that a few times, so I'm pretty sure that it's out there as a package.

The dock skin I don't know... might be a rocketdock skin, but searching for different dock skins should help you find it. I realize I didn't really help you much, lol, but I hope I set you on the right track.

If you have rainmeter specific questions about individual skins or how to code certain things, just ask them here and I'm sure someone can provide answers. Hope you enjoy learning about rainmeter as much as I have, good luck to you! Cheers.

//JoBu
GGitsJack

Re: Trying to learn Rainmeter, frustrated as heck.

Post by GGitsJack »

Update: I have finally managed to pull myself together and sort it out, this is my desktop atm.

Did I forget to say that I LOVE rainmeter?