It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:52 pm

String Effect=#style# is not valid in meter issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
thunderfox

String Effect=#style# is not valid in meter issue

Post by thunderfox »

I tried to install this skin: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/81304
and tried to load the skins in the Rainbrowser but when i get to the clock and date skins I get a series of 'errors'
that says :
String Effect=#style# is not valid in meter [metermonth]

and the last one that basically tells me that the skins doesn't contain any meters and asks me if i want to desactivate the skin,
I can't get this skin to work I tried reinstalling Rainmeter but it didn't help, I also searched in the forum and did find anything related to this problem.

any help please
Falconer

Re: String Effect=#style# is not valid in meter issue

Post by Falconer »

Hi thunderfox, :welcome:

I'm the author of those clock and date skins that zngga included in his pack. (See here and here) Unfortunately, it looks like they might have left out or moved a certain file when they re-uploaded the skins, called "Variables.inc." When you are getting those error messages, it is because the skin is trying to read the variable #style# from the Variables.inc file, but can't, which breaks all the meters with that variable in them.

Try downloading the full and latest version from here: http://col-darby.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d328t7d
And use the clock, date, and chronophage skins from there instead of from zngga's pack. They should work; if not, let me know and I'll try to figure out what else is going on.

Hope that helps! :)
thunderfox

Re: String Effect=#style# is not valid in meter issue

Post by thunderfox »

hey thx for your help it works perfectly now and more important it looks great good job !! :thumbup: