It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:11 pm

Hotkeying "Bring Rainmeter to the front"? + show desktop bug

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Riboe

Hotkeying "Bring Rainmeter to the front"? + show desktop bug

Post by Riboe »

I've been thinking about two things for quite some time...
Is it possible to create a skin that is capable of bringing Rainmeter to the front by pressing a button on your keyboard?
Like I have all my skins set to be 'On desktop' and if I want to access my program shortcuts, which I've created using Rainmeter, I currently have to minimize whatever is open, but I'd like to just press a button in order to bring Rainmeter to the front of the 'window stack'. I'd like to know if it's possible to have a button bound for a specific skin and one for all skins.

Another thing, whenever I use the Windows 'show desktop' function, Rainmeter will be minimized too, which is rather annoying - Is there any way to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Chewtoy

Re: Hotkeying "Bring Rainmeter to the front"? + show desktop

Post by Chewtoy »

Rainmeter do not handle keyboard keys, but you can probably whip something up with AHK.

Set the skins to "On Desktop". You can play around with the settings (rightclick on skin -> Settings -> Position) and see what suits you.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

Hmm.. When you say 'AHK', you're referring to AutoHotkey, right?
Since Rainmeter can't handle keyboard keys, I just had another idea.
Would it be possible to create a skin, which when you click it does two things:
1st: Execute the 'Show Desktop' command.
2nd: Brings Rainmeter to the front? (And not by refreshing it, even though that is the only way I see this could be done, but I hope I'm wrong.)

As for my problem.. I already have all my skins set to "On Desktop", but approximately 7/10 times all my skins will be minimized when I click the 'show desktop'-button anyway.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Riboe wrote: As for my problem.. I already have all my skins set to "On Desktop", but approximately 7/10 times all my skins will be minimized when I click the 'show desktop'-button anyway.
Should not, unless you are running some other software that is effecting your desktop. With XP/Vista/Win7 and all skins set to "On Desktop", none of them should be hidden by any flavor of "Show Desktop".
Riboe

Post by Riboe »

jsmorley wrote: Should not, unless you are running some other software that is effecting your desktop. With XP/Vista/Win7 and all skins set to "On Desktop", none of them should be hidden by any flavor of "Show Desktop".
I do not run any software which messes with my desktop (as far as I know).
However, Bsmagic's tool 'pinRainmeter2Desktop', fixed this.