It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 3:53 am

Rightclickmenu

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yelleke

Rightclickmenu

Post by Yelleke »

I love Rainmeter very, VERY much.
But one thing keeps bothering me, the rightclick of the mouse on my desktop

I use the rightclick on my desktop very often but I found myself more and more looking for an empty space to get the rightclick menu of windows

Is it possible to have an option where I can select wich mousebutton shows the Rainmeter richtclick menu

I prefer to have it on my middle mouse button

So I can use the windows richtclick menu EVERYWHERE on my desktop regardless of how many skins I have loaded
And have the Rainmeter rightclick menu for ALL skins on my middle mouse button

cheers
poiru
Developer

Re: Rightclickmenu

Post by poiru »

You could enable 'Click Through' for all skins, although that's far from perfect (you have to hold SHIFT to click on Rainmeter stuff).
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

Most of the skins require mouse click actions, so clickthru is not a suitable option for most skins.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

While I'm all for "choices", Right click is the accepted standard for context menus in any windows application. I have never seen one where you can change it, nor can you in Windows itself. It would just cause mass confusion if folks started distributing skins with this change.

However, I'm mostly just opposed to adding any more junk to Rainmeter.ini to support this. If it can be done on a "by skin" basis in the [Rainemeter] section of the skin, and assuming it is not just stupid amounts of coding or trouble, I would be ok with it.

This feels like a lot trouble to support what is going to be wanted by .000001% of Rainmeter users.
Scolex

Post by Scolex »

Another option is to not have any of your skins set to "desktop" then you can press
win+d, right click the desktop, make your selection and press win+d again to return
to normal.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

I was going to say the same thing as Scolex; WinKey+D (the here comes the boss shortcut).

If you're really hardcore and want to remap your mouse, there are apps for that.

You could check this out: LifeHacker X-Mouse Control Article.