It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:23 pm

Hi all

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Lyra Borealis

Hi all

Post by Lyra Borealis »

I'm a new Rainmeter user, and I love it!
I just installed Windows 7 a week ago on a brand new PC, followed by a system crash on my old one due to trying various shell replacements that were bad. A friend introduced me to Rainmeter, and though I was suspicious and wary about it, I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did. In this one week that I've had it, I've already learned how to make simple edits to text files (I had never ever coded anything in my life before), and I'm having a lot of fun customizing my desktop. I have been bothering my friend with tons of questions, so now that I've found Rainmeter community (I was unaware of its existence), I might bother you guys. :D
Anyways, that's it. Nice to be here. (:
Chewtoy

Re: Hi all

Post by Chewtoy »

Welcome aboard the rainmeter wagon!
The first thing I would like to point out is that Rainmeter is not a shell. It's simply a tool that displays various items on your desktop.
It will in no way change how windows or your shell works (it neither will or can).

Now to be a bit more formal:
Make sure you read the FAQ and the Documentation before you post your problem / question.

Again, welcome!
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Lyra Borealis

Re: Hi all

Post by Lyra Borealis »

Chewtoy wrote:Make sure you read the FAQ and the Documentation before you post your problem / question.
Will do, thanks. :)