It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:49 am

Strange behavior (bar with hover buttons)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Scolex

Strange behavior (bar with hover buttons)

Post by Scolex »

Found that it is a bug see this post.
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7063

I have a bar setup that has hidden buttons that are sized based on the width of the bar and it works perfectly with most widths but has a strange behavior with the 2 shortest bars.
I have created buttons that are only visible when you hover over the bar in width ranging from 15px (3 x 5px) to 81px (3 x 27px) in 3 px increments the bar has 20 buttons so the possible bar width should be able to be from 100px to 540px in 20px increments.
If I set the bar width anywhere between 140 and 540px it works as expected, but if I set it to 100 or 120 the buttons are always visible and the positioning is incorrect.
In the pics below (100px and 140px) I am hovering just left of the center which should be over the "Back :10" button. In the 140px version it is correct but in the 100/120px versions it shows "back 25min" I mention this to show the position error. In the 100/120 version pic the only button that should be visible is the one that I am hovering over and should show up as 5px above and below the bar as it appears in the 140px bar.
100.jpg
140.JPG
I figure it can NOT be the code I am using because only certain widths are effected but I will post a snippet of it anyway.

The Code

Code: Select all

;vars read from a .inc file
PosBarW=100
PosBarH=10

;skin code
[MeasureVars]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=file://D:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RiverFront\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc
RegExp="(?siU)PosBarW=(.*)\n.*PosBarH=(.*)\n"

[MeasurePosBarW]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\Webparser.dll
Url=[MeasureVars]
StringIndex=1

[MeasurePosBarH]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\Webparser.dll
Url=[MeasureVars]
StringIndex=2

[Calc4ButW]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasurePosBarW/20

[Calc4ButH]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasurePosBarH+10

;[Display]*********************************************************************

[DisplayBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
H=20
W=#PosBarW#
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
DynamicVariables=1

[PositionBar]
MeasureName=CalcElapsed
Meter=BAR
X=0
Y=5
W=#PosBarW#
H=#PosBarH#
BarColor=#PosBarColor#
SolidColor=#PosBarBkgColor#
BarOrientation=HORIZONTAL

[b60]
Meter=Button
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#MCxx#" "/MCC 10035, 3600000"]
ButtonImage=#SKINSPATH#RiverFront\Resources\Images\Position\[Calc4ButW][Calc4ButH].png
ToolTipText=Back 1hr
DynamicVariables=1

I have restarted both Rainmeter and the computer and it makes no difference.

PS: I have a vertical bar that has buttons as thin as 1px that works perfectly so I don't see how it could be a minimum px issue, the only difference is the vert buttons are thin in height and the above referenced buttons are thin in width.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.