It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:50 am

RSS Facebook Feed Status

General topics related to Rainmeter.
thefallofroy

RSS Facebook Feed Status

Post by thefallofroy »

So I am using the ABP theme and I am also using the RSS feed widget (lack of a better term). I have my first feed set to my Facebook and it's cool that I can read my posts and stuff from my desktop but I would love it if I could also post my status from my desktop. Since the feeds by default display 9 lines, I would like to replace the first one with an input text box and post my status inside it. I know this is possible with illustro's google widget, so it would make sense that you could do it with something else no? The only problem is I don't know what the URL for the facebook status bar would be. For the google illustro widget it's:

Code: Select all

"http://www.google.com/search?q=$UserInput$"
Anyone have any idea on what it would be for Facebook? Or if this would even be possible? Many thanks in advance.
That'll put hair on your chest...
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RSS Facebook Feed Status

Post by jsmorley »

thefallofroy wrote:So I am using the ABP theme and I am also using the RSS feed widget (lack of a better term). I have my first feed set to my Facebook and it's cool that I can read my posts and stuff from my desktop but I would love it if I could also post my status from my desktop. Since the feeds by default display 9 lines, I would like to replace the first one with an input text box and post my status inside it. I know this is possible with illustro's google widget, so it would make sense that you could do it with something else no? The only problem is I don't know what the URL for the facebook status bar would be. For the google illustro widget it's:

Code: Select all

"http://www.google.com/search?q=$UserInput$"
Anyone have any idea on what it would be for Facebook? Or if this would even be possible? Many thanks in advance.
I don't think Facebook will allow you to post anything from the URL using a GET. I doubt this is possible. Rainmeter does not support cookies or any kind of login or authentication.
thefallofroy

Re: RSS Facebook Feed Status

Post by thefallofroy »

Thanks for the feedback. That's too bad, I was looking forward to coding it :D
That'll put hair on your chest...