It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:54 pm

Very new.. >.>

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kektklik

Very new.. >.>

Post by Kektklik »

I've had this thought in my head for a while before I found RainMeter:

Is there way to make a wheel of shortcuts? It's a circle with the 6 most used shortcuts (where the bolts on a wheel would be). There's a button in the center that would "explode" the rest of the wheel and show the other shortcuts. (max loadout of 12 shortcuts).

Just wondering if there is already something like this, and if not... how would I go about making this (estimated investment time?)
JpsCrazy

Re: Very new.. >.>

Post by JpsCrazy »

The basic idea is definitely possible.

Honestly, the hardest part would be creating/finding and arranging the graphics of the skin (and possibly the switch from one set to the next of shortcuts.)

As for the exploding part: Rainmeter isn't built for animation, so to get an actual exploding effect would not be too easy. Even if you do make it work, chances are it'll take up a lot of CPU Processes.
Also, you'd have to choose your most used Shortcuts and set them in.

ANYWAYS, the idea to have a wheel of shortcuts that switches from one set to a another with a click is completely feasible.
The estimated time depends of two things: How familiar you are with coding for Rainmeter and how fast you can find/create the graphics you want.

Not Rainmeter, but possibly what you're looking for: http://circledock.wikidot.com/