It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:55 pm

Startup.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Shahzal

Startup.

Post by Shahzal »

Hey people, how can I stop rainmeter to stop opening each time my windows comes, as in I don't want it at startup.

Secondly how much RAM does it eat?

I have the Gnometer skin by poiru , I have got exactly everything he has.

And well yesterday I got this whole Rainmeter thing and my processes were going fine but then they suddenly went up to 100% ,and even now its at 100% with rain meter closed.

So after installing Rainmeter this has happened, any ideas why ? Also after I got rainmeter, I installed a vista pack from crystalxp , but I immediately un installed it.

So why is my process going to 100%, while theres nothing being run :/
Chewtoy

Re: Startup.

Post by Chewtoy »

If you don't want Rainmeter to start at startup, just remove the shortcut in the Startup folder. (Start -> Programs -> Startup)

For me Rainmeter uses 0-1% CPU and register 7,908K in task manager for RAM. I have NEVER seen it register above 25,000K. Not even when making big suits and running lots of skin that do all kinds of stuff.

Open Task Manager, go to Processes and see what is eating at your CPU.
It might be so that you got some AV that doesn't trust Rainmeter and is scanning it constantly, this is known to be an issue for some.
By simply adding an exception in your AV for Rainmeter and all it's folders you should be OK.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Shahzal

Post by Shahzal »

Chewtoy wrote:If you don't want Rainmeter to start at startup, just remove the shortcut in the Startup folder. (Start -> Programs -> Startup)

For me Rainmeter uses 0-1% CPU and register 7,908K in task manager for RAM. I have NEVER seen it register above 25,000K. Not even when making big suits and running lots of skin that do all kinds of stuff.

Open Task Manager, go to Processes and see what is eating at your CPU.
It might be so that you got some AV that doesn't trust Rainmeter and is scanning it constantly, this is known to be an issue for some.
By simply adding an exception in your AV for Rainmeter and all it's folders you should be OK.
Okay I have deleted the shortcut from startup.

Okay the funny thing is, yesterday it was 19,000K ,at times 20 but below 25,000. Now I do not know whats eating the memory.

My chrome is really high 104,000
68,000, and etc.

Also the place where it says User Name, its only there for 2 / 3 processes the rest has disappeared :L

Any idea why?

This is from yesterday - http://i53.tinypic.com/16aw5ew.png
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Web browsers use quite a lot of RAM when you got lots of tabs open. So my bet is that you got your thief right there.
What processes disappeared?
Shahzal

Post by Shahzal »

Chewtoy wrote:Web browsers use quite a lot of RAM when you got lots of tabs open. So my bet is that you got your thief right there.
What processes disappeared?
It was a virus, I cleaned it up with Malware Bytes.

The processes were there but like the place where it said System and User were gone.

Also you can close topic, but before you do that. If I want to enable rain meter to start up with windows how can I do that?
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Just put a shortcut to rainmeter.exe in the startup folder.
Right click on Rainmeter.exe -> Create shortcut -> Move the newly created shortcut to the Startup-folder.
Shahzal

Post by Shahzal »

Chewtoy wrote:Just put a shortcut to rainmeter.exe in the startup folder.
Right click on Rainmeter.exe -> Create shortcut -> Move the newly created shortcut to the Startup-folder.
Okay thanks.

You can close it now :) :welcome: