It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:03 pm

Help with transparency

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RAINBOW DASH

Help with transparency

Post by RAINBOW DASH »

I'm trying to set this rain meter skin to be have a completely solid color with 0 transparency, however even when I set transparency to 0 its still somewhat transparent, how can I set it so that its completely solid?
Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help with transparency

Post by jsmorley »

Transparency is controlled in two ways. The transparency of the overall skin, done from the context menu Settings / Transparency. The second is that individual elements of the skin (image meters, string meters, etc.) can have transparency done in the .ini code of the skin itself. The two effects are "cumulative", so even though you may have a "Transparency" of 0% in the context menu, there may be meters that still are not fully solid.

You will have to look at the code for whatever skin "this" is to see places where the author has colors (FontColor, ImageTint, LineColor, etc.) that have four elements, like FontColor=145,124,31,180. This is a color code meaning "red, green, blue, alpha". The 4th or alpha element, the 180 in my example, is the "opacity" of the element, from 0 (fully transparent) to 255 (fully opaque). Change those to 255 and refresh the skin.

Note, an author can alternatively use the HEX format of the color code: "DBD8CACC" where the format of the code is RRGGBBAA. Change the CC part in my example to FF (hex for 255) and it will be fully opaque.

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Meters-ColorCodes
user6794

Post by user6794 »

Here is the code for a rainmeter element, witch i whant to make a transparent background:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
DragGroup=WP7Panel
Group=Panel
Author=Xyrfo and fediaFedia
MouseActionCursor=0
MiddleMouseUpAction=!DeactivateConfig
Update=-1
Blur=#globalblurenable#
BlurRegion=#blurtype#,(5-#Padding#),(5-#Padding#),((#Height#*#TypeW#*#ScaleDpi#+#PaddingW#+(#Padding#))),((#Height#*#TypeH#*#ScaleDpi#+#PaddingH#+(#Padding#))),#blurcornerradius#
OnRefreshAction=[!ShowMeterGroup #LastNote#][!WriteKeyValue Variables ScrollStart "0" "scroll.inc"][!SetOption Formula String "#CurrentNote#"][!Update]

RightMouseUpAction=[!SkinCustomMenu]
ContextTitle=#Copytoclipboard#
ContextAction=!SetClip [Formula]
ContextTitle2=----
ContextAction2=[]
ContextTitle3=#Settings#
ContextAction3=["#@#Common\Config\config.exe" #PanelType# "#CURRENTCONFIG#" "#CURRENTFILE#" "#SETTINGSPATH#" "#SKINSPATH#" "#PROGRAMPATH#"]
ContextTitle4=#Refresh#
ContextAction4=[!Refresh #CurrentConfig#]
ContextTitle5=#Alternative#
ContextAction5=[!ActivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#"]
ContextTitle6=#Close#
ContextAction6=[!DeactivateConfig]
ContextTitle7=----
ContextAction7=[]
ContextTitle8=#Personalization#
ContextAction8=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LastCat "cat6" "#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Gallery\scroll.inc"][!ActivateConfig "wp7\Gallery" "Main.ini"]
ContextTitle9=#AddItems#
ContextAction9=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LastCat "cat2" "#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Gallery\scroll.inc"][!ActivateConfig "wp7\Gallery" "Main.ini"]
ContextTitle10=----
ContextAction10=[]
ContextTitle11=#Moreactions#
ContextAction11=[!SkinMenu]

[Metadata]
Version=7.0
Information=miniNotes Panel
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License

[Variables]
PanelType=single

@include=#@#Common\Variables\UserVariables.inc
@include1=#@#Common\Variables\Languages\#MainLanguage#.inc
@include2=#@#Common\color\color.inc
@include3=#@#Config\Panels\miniNotes\UserVariables.inc
@include4=#@##Structure#\#PanelType#\Main.inc
@include5=#currentpath#\Notes.txt
Height=50
Please help me. I tried with adding background mode and solid coler 0,0,0,0, but it stil didnt work.
Last edited by SilverAzide on October 2nd, 2022, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags when posting code. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

user6794 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 1:29 pm Please help me. I tried with adding background mode and solid coler 0,0,0,0, but it stil didnt work.
The posted piece of code is not enough to can help, because it practically doesn1t have anything related to the background. The background is probably added to one of the included files (one of the files listed in the @IncludeX options of the [Variables] section). Since there are too many files to can post each of them, I suggest you pack the whole config (the folder under the Skins folder, which contains the skin you1re trying to alter) and upload the package here, to let us identify where the background is located.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

user6794 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 1:29 pm Here is the code for a rainmeter element, witch i whant to make a transparent background:
Please help me. I tried with adding background mode and solid coler 0,0,0,0, but it stil didnt work.
balala wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:08 pm The posted piece of code is not enough to can help, because it practically doesn1t have anything related to the background. The background is probably added to one of the included files (one of the files listed in the @IncludeX options of the [Variables] section). Since there are too many files to can post each of them, I suggest you pack the whole config (the folder under the Skins folder, which contains the skin you1re trying to alter) and upload the package here, to let us identify where the background is located.

The skin used is Omnimo 10.

I'm not sure but, just changing @include2=#@#Common\color\clear.inc line seems to will be work.

[Rainmeter]
DragGroup=WP7Panel
Group=Panel
MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter BTN][!ShowMeter SZ][!ShowMeter SET][!ShowMeter CLS][!ShowMeter NXT][!ShowMeter PLU][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter BTN][!HideMeter SZ][!HideMeter SET][!HideMeter CLS][!HideMeter NXT][!HideMeter PLU][!Redraw]
MouseActionCursor=0
Update=8640000
Blur=#globalblurenable#
BlurRegion=#blurtype#,(5-#Padding#),(5-#Padding#),((#Height#*#TypeW#*#ScaleDpi#+#PaddingW#+(#Padding#))),((#Height#*#TypeH#*#ScaleDpi#+#PaddingH#+(#Padding#))),#blurcornerradius#

[Metadata]
Version=7.0

[Variables]
Height=150
PanelType=single

@include2=#@#Common\color\clear.inc    ;<====================================== THIS LINE

%BTN%

[Input1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
SolidColor=#colorskin#
W=(#height#)
H=(#height#)
X=(5-#Padding#)
Y=(5-#Padding#)
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Notes "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTPATH#Notes.txt"][!Refresh #CURRENTCONFIG#] DefaultValue="#notes#"
StringStyle=NORMAL
AntiAlias=1
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=#FontTypeWP#
FontColor=255,255,255
FontSize=10
FocusDismiss=1

[Notes1]
Meter=String
Text=#notes#
MeterStyle=FullTextStyle
LeftMouseUpAction=!CommandMeasure Input1 "ExecuteBatch 1"
FontFace=#NotesFont#
FontSize=#NotesFontSize#

[Solid]
SolidColor=255,255,200,100
w=(#height#/3)
h=((#height#/7.5)+#padding#)
y=(#height#/15*13+5)
x=R
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:32 pm The skin used is Omnimo 10.
Good point. But this can be known ONLY if you know (and / or use) Omnimo. I personally don't use it...
tass_co wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:32 pm

[Rainmeter]
DragGroup=WP7Panel
Group=Panel
MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter BTN][!ShowMeter SZ][!ShowMeter SET][!ShowMeter CLS][!ShowMeter NXT][!ShowMeter PLU][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter BTN][!HideMeter SZ][!HideMeter SET][!HideMeter CLS][!HideMeter NXT][!HideMeter PLU][!Redraw]
MouseActionCursor=0
Update=8640000
Blur=#globalblurenable#

[Metadata]
Version=7.0

[Variables]
Height=150
PanelType=single

@include2=#@#Common\color\clear.inc    ;<====================================== THIS LINE

%BTN%

[Input1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
SolidColor=#colorskin#
W=(#height#)
H=(#height#)
X=(5-#Padding#)
Y=(5-#Padding#)
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Notes "$UserInput$" "#CURRENTPATH#Notes.txt"][!Refresh #CURRENTCONFIG#] DefaultValue="#notes#"
StringStyle=NORMAL
AntiAlias=1
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=#FontTypeWP#
FontColor=255,255,255
FontSize=10
FocusDismiss=1

[Notes1]
Meter=String
Text=#notes#
MeterStyle=FullTextStyle
LeftMouseUpAction=!CommandMeasure Input1 "ExecuteBatch 1"
FontFace=#NotesFont#
FontSize=#NotesFontSize#

[Solid]
SolidColor=255,255,200,100
w=(#height#/3)
h=((#height#/7.5)+#padding#)
y=(#height#/15*13+5)
x=R
I understand you've putted the ;<====================================== THIS LINE comment on the @Include2 option only to indicate the line / option you've changed, however note that adding a comment this way to an option, prevents the option to properly work. Unlike most (probably all) programming languages, in a Rainmeter code you can't have a commented text on the same line as the option. The comment has to be added onto another line. The semicolon is recognized as the commenting out character ONLY if it is the FIRST character of a line, otherwise Rainmeter doesn't realize it is added to comment out what follows it. Simply to remember: there are options (TransformationMatrx for instance) which include semicolons into themselves and in such cases Rainmeter doesn't treat what follows as a commented-out text. How could it know when this charecter is to comment out and when is part of the option?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:01 pm Good point. But this can be known ONLY if you know (and / or use) Omnimo. I personally don't use it...
I personally don't use it either... I saw WP7Panel in code line.
Maybe you remember, we solved a problem together before. I remember the skin from there.
balala wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:01 pm I understand you've putted the ;<====================================== THIS LINE comment on the @Include2 option only to indicate the line / option you've changed, however note that adding a comment this way to an option, prevents the option to properly work. Unlike most (probably all) programming languages, in a Rainmeter code you can't have a commented text on the same line as the option. The comment has to be added onto another line. The semicolon is recognized as the commenting out character ONLY if it is the FIRST character of a line, otherwise Rainmeter doesn't realize it is added to comment out what follows it. Simply to remember: there are options (TransformationMatrx for instance) which include semicolons into themselves and in such cases Rainmeter doesn't treat what follows as a commented-out text. How could it know when this charecter is to comment out and when is part of the option?
I used this pattern to show the location of the line to be changed.
I also specified the code that needs to be written. @include2=#@#Common\color\clear.inc
The person who will try the code then deletes the pattern...
Don't be mad at me but it seems to me that you are exaggerating the situation a bit balala.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:19 pm The person who will try the code then deletes the pattern...
Does he? Because if he doesn't the option simply doesn't work, so the appropriate file is simply not used by the skin. This is why I always suggest not to post comments this way.
tass_co wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:19 pm Don't be mad at me but it seems to me that you are exaggerating the situation a bit balala.
Yep, maybe I am. Sorry, didn't want to offence...
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 2:17 pm Does he? Because if he doesn't the option simply doesn't work, so the appropriate file is simply not used by the skin. This is why I always suggest not to post comments this way.

Yep, maybe I am. Sorry, didn't want to offence...
I contradict myself when you say something :D
Actually a simple thing is to remove the pattern.
If you say "you should remove the pattern", I thinking you know something.
Because you are much more experienced than me :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 2:33 pm I contradict myself when you say something :D
Actually a simple thing is to remove the pattern.
If you say "you should remove the pattern", I thinking you know something.
Because you are much more experienced than me :bow:
Don't worry. I suggest always to put the comments always on new lines, never on end of options. And I persist on this. In Lua for instance comments can be added to the end (or even to middle) of lines, but Lua is a procedural programming language, which Rainmeter is not. But let's not argue anymore on this... :great: