It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 5:24 pm

New, and loving rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fRUitY

New, and loving rainmeter

Post by fRUitY »

Hi all,
First post here, and I'm completely new to rainmeter having randomly found it yesterday. I actually got it by coming across this guy on dA so blame him if I'm jumping in at the deep end.

Code: Select all

http://skinnerz.deviantart.com/gallery/25656988#/d36ay1v
I've taken a slight variation from the above, and I'm using rocketdock instead of objectdock (i like the minimize to dock feature, don't think it's on objectdock). However, I'd like some help with a few different things.
Firstly, I understand from the FAQ that rainmeter won't replace the taskbar, but how much can I reduce my need of it by? I'd love to move the start button to rocketdock, or is this a feature of objectdock only? I understand you can use openstartmenu.exe, but it still opens the menu in it's original location (so the windows button on the keyboard is easier). Am I just quicker to go to objectdock and give up, or can you place a start menu on the sidebar etc?

Secondly, in the above theme the sidebar has white text. It's fine, but I think it's slightly too dim to read. I've tried the transparency, but that just fades the background colour of the sidebar. How would I go about making the colour brighter?
Lastly, any other advice on what I should add or remove? Screenie below:

Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New, and loving rainmeter

Post by Alex2539 »

Your questions about Objectdock and Rocketdock should probably be asked at their respective forums. Rainmeter has no affiliation with them.

As for the colour of the text, right-click the tray icon and choose Configs/Enigma/Resources/Configuration.ini and use the configuration tool to change the values of Color1, Color2 and Color3.
ImageImageImageImage