It is currently May 7th, 2024, 7:34 pm

[BUG] Overlay include clicking issue.

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
hello123456

[BUG] Overlay include clicking issue.

Post by hello123456 »

Working on a skin I came across a issue with pieces of the skin overlapping others when included. Issue is present on 2.0, 1.4 and probably earlier versions too.

The situation:
You have a background that is supposed to open the C:\ drive on left click.
A image(or solidcolor) overlaying the background and is coded inside the same .ini file as the background that opens CMD on left click. Let's call it Square1.
Another image(or solid color) overlaying the background and is coded inside a separated .inc file, included using @include that opens taskmgr on left click. Let's say Square2.

Now for the problem:
Clicking the background opens C:\ just fine, no problem there.
Clicking Square1 opens CMD just fine, no problem here either.
But when you click Square2, it opens the taskmgr, but ALSO opens the C:\ drive you assigned to the background. <- Now that's not supposed to happen.

For the Rainmeter development crew to test this, I will attach a file to this post demonstrating the issue.
It doesn't matter what mouse button is used, as long as they are the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: [BUG] Overlay include clicking issue.

Post by dragonmage »

The problem is your background has LeftMouseDownAction set while your Included meter has LeftMouseUpAction set, so it is actually doing exactly what it should.
hello123456

Post by hello123456 »

dragonmage wrote:The problem is your background has LeftMouseDownAction set while your Included meter has LeftMouseUpAction set, so it is actually doing exactly what it should.
Hmm I see, but on the other hand, the square is on a 'layer' above it. So not sure about this being the effect wanted...?
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

hello123456 wrote: Hmm I see, but on the other hand, the square is on a 'layer' above it. So not sure about this being the effect wanted...?
Actually, Raineter has the issue that some mouse actions affects the lower layer.
As for some mouse action issues, we had tried improvement last year, and some issues was fixed.
But some issues are not solved completely yet, because there is a fear that the current behavior is broken. This means the change for fix becomes the cause which makes a new other problem.
Unfortunately, there is not best solution to fix this issue at the present time.

So you need to be careful to prevent such a problem with a config work.
The easiest solution is to change MouseUp to MouseDown in [IconOverlay2].
But if you want to use MouseUpAction, you should add the dummy command like this.

Code: Select all

[IconOverlay2]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,255,255,255
X=4
Y=70
H=48
W=48
PreserveAspectRatio=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["taskmgr.exe"]
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute []
The command of the lower layer will be nullified by the dummy command of the upper layer.
hello123456

Post by hello123456 »

Thanks for the tip! Even tough this issue only occurs on my private version of the skin (because I wanted easy access to the folder containing the config), I bet other would find it useful :)
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yeah I guess I am just used to it working that way, sorry.