It is currently May 1st, 2024, 10:16 am

Rainmeter + ObjectDock systemtray = Rainmeter Hang

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
UnstoppableDave

Rainmeter + ObjectDock systemtray = Rainmeter Hang

Post by UnstoppableDave »

I am using Objectdock for my system tray, but when I click on the Rainmeter icon in it to change settings, the menu opens and Rainmeter immediately hangs, sucking up a cpu core til I kill it. Didn't think I really changed anything to make it start happening. I've rebooted, cleaned rainmeter.ini, and ofc restarted Rainmeter and Objectdock several times now. Was happening in build 692 as well. Doesn't happen using the windows system tray.

A workaround would be ok as long as I can access it from ObjectDock. But I have to be able access this menu since I have a click through rainmeter skin behind OD.

Rainmeter 1.4 build 707
Win 7 64
Latest Objectdock 2 Plus
Plenty fast system

Any ideas? Would this be a OD problem?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter + ObjectDock systemtray = Rainmeter Hang

Post by jsmorley »

I think it is a given that it is an issue with how Object Dock is hooking / calling the tray icon for Rainmeter. I can't see any easy way of debugging it though. You would almost certainly have to run Rainmeter in the Visual C++ UI in debug mode to see what is going on, and would have to have a copy of the commercial Object Dock Plus app and probably be running Win7 64bit, as XP was a whole different animal as far as the Notification Area (the artist formerly known as System Tray).

Of course you you post this on the support forums for Object Dock, they would just reverse it and tell you it's a Rainmeter issue. So I don't know where we go from here.
UnstoppableDave

Re: Rainmeter + ObjectDock systemtray = Rainmeter Hang

Post by UnstoppableDave »

Hm ok, thanks for the response. The issue seems to have been a fluke, I can't repeat the hang doing the all same stuff as before, which is super weird considering how much I tested before posting this and got the hang. I guess having beta RM and beta OD with four docks on one side of the screen can cause a few problems here and there :???: