Firefox-launcher.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Monoslay

Firefox-launcher.

Post by Monoslay »

Hi all!

I'm new to rainmeter, but i like a lot!
I already costumized my desktop, but i have a problem. :yawn:
My app-launcher for firefox opens a new firefox every time i click on it, I want it to open te running firefox session.
Any skins who does this, or how do I edit to work correctly?

Thank you.
Kind regards, Monoslay.
Falconer

Re: Firefox-launcher.

Post by Falconer »

First off, welcome to the forums! :welcome:

As for your question...I cannot say for sure, but I don't think that what you're asking is possible with Rainmeter - RM can't replace the taskbar or a good dock. The firefox launcher skin is simply sending a command to windows to launch firefox.exe each time you click it, but there isn't any way (that I've heard of) to send commands to Explorer - a command to, in your case, bring the Firefox window up into focus.
tru

Post by tru »

You can set FF to open to your previous session in the options tab..not sure if it's what your looking for. Just thought
I would throw it out there.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments

firefox.exe -new-tab <url>

So if you want to open a new tab with google; firefox.exe -new-tab www.google.com

That is probably the simplest way you are going to get away with it. Rainmeter has no real way of knowing wether a program is running or not, and it won't pop up the already running window. It's the program themselvs that decides if you should be able to have multiple instances or not.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.