It is currently May 6th, 2024, 10:56 am

Request/Need help finding

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kantk2008

Request/Need help finding

Post by kantk2008 »

Hello,

I don't know if rainmeter is capable of this, but I've been REALLLLY looking for a way to get an ipad/iphone/jolicloud icon like navigation for Windows.

Example:
http://www.jolicloud.com/
Jolicloud is a linux OS, and you can see the icon-like navigation/shortcut like navigation with a bar on top that holds options. I really like that and it gets to things fast. Is it possible to make that in rainmeter or is there something like that already availiable in raimeter?

Thanks for any help!
JpsCrazy

Re: Request/Need help finding

Post by JpsCrazy »

For rainmeter, you'll only be able to have your icons on the desktop and it'll be nothing more than a shortcut.
This will not affect your normal Windows Explorer or anything.

If you can find the icons, it will be quite simple to make.
(Just google around, I found a huge amount of them somewhere, but can't find the link.)
All you need is:
[MeterAPP]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icon.png
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["\somepath.exe"]

Also, I've personally been working on an iPod Touch/iPhone Rainmeter skin with a ton of clickable apps.
I have one question that has yet to be answered:
JpsCrazy wrote: Right now, it's set up so you can make any icon wherever you want it, but then you have to set up the link and the actions associated with it.

I can however complete it and do all the in Rainmeter 'apps', but they'd be in a fixed location.

Possibly a page of fixed icons and then a page of icons you guys can move around? That sounds best, so I'll start working on that unless you guys think otherwise.