It is currently May 6th, 2024, 7:41 pm

Howdy

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Koldfinger

Howdy

Post by Koldfinger »

Hey all, just started playin' in the rain a couple of days ago, so far so good. One question, going through the tutorials, is the language case sensitive? or is the capitalization just used for convention? that wasn't made clear to me. thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Howdy

Post by jsmorley »

Koldfinger wrote:Hey all, just started playin' in the rain a couple of days ago, so far so good. One question, going through the tutorials, is the language case sensitive? or is the capitalization just used for convention? that wasn't made clear to me. thanks.
Rainmeter is mostly not case sensitive. The exception is the names of measures when you use them in a meter or measure or Calc or whatever. So [aMeasure] is different than [Ameasure]. All of the Key=Value pairs are case insensitive, although I will make fun of you if you don't use "camel case" (StringAlign, FontSize etc.) like everyone else.
Koldfinger

Post by Koldfinger »

OK that's what I thought, but because it wasn't in my face, flashing, in red, I wasn't sure ;)
BTW love your desktop pic, where's it from?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Koldfinger wrote:OK that's what I thought, but because it wasn't in my face, flashing, in red, I wasn't sure ;)
BTW love your desktop pic, where's it from?
found it on wallbase.net