It is currently May 7th, 2024, 1:01 am

"if" in rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ThOxide

"if" in rainmeter

Post by ThOxide »

Hi, I just installed rainmeter, and already figured how to do a ton of usefull things with it, however I can't figure out how to do specific actions if some variable/meter changes.
What I'm trying to do is to make a small text display of my virtual desktop status, i'm using dexpot for virtual desktops. I already figured out how to use rainmeters virtual desktop plugin, there is a meter there called current desktop which returns current desktop number, it works great, now what I want is to do some specific actions in response to change in that number (like if statements in programming), but since I'm new to rainmeter I can't figure out how.
I have 4 virtual desktops and heres what im trying to do
App when I'm using first desktop

web dev mpc im

when I'm using second desktop

web dev mpc im

and so on.

As I already said I know how to display text with rainmeter and how to get current desktop number, what I dont know is how to make changes when desktop number changes, I know It is possible to execute !bangs when VD number.
ThOxide

Re: "if" in rainmeter

Post by ThOxide »

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Greetings ThOxide :welcome:

If you hit any further snags or have additional questions.
Let us know :great:
ThOxide

Post by ThOxide »

sgtevmckay wrote:Greetings ThOxide :welcome:

If you hit any further snags or have additional questions.
Let us know :great:
Thanks, I'm using eD, rainmeter, dexpot combo and this setup has a lot of issues, however I still prefer it to original windows shell.
One of the issues with rainmeter I currently have is problems with overlaying. I have a taskbar, actually its just and image that rainmeter displays. When it's position is set to bottom it wont be displayed after rainmeter starts, it only shows up after I click at it, so I changed it's position to normal. It started working as excpected.
Problems appeared when I finished my virtual desktop applet. It's supposed to stay on top of taskbar but when applets position is set to normal it actually stays under taskbar image, I can't lower taskbar position either due to problems discribed earlier. So I raised applets position to "stay on top" now its works alright but when I'm watching videos full screen I still see my virtual desktop applet :/ I know one workaround is to cut part of taskbar and draw it in vd applet.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

First off. I am unaware of eD

I can say that Dexpot replicates many items, or replaces them in the Windows schema.
Placing a Rainmeter :On Top: will most certainly place that skin above all others, I have this with me Dexpot controller skin.
It takes up a space "x" wide at a height of 24px, so it does not bother me much ;)

Can you give me more information on eD, or a link, and more information on the setup you are using.
There is a possibility that you have hit some sort of functional limit, but I would take a look ;)
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

eD is Emerge Desktop. Th0xide do I understand that you have a Rainmeter skin that you use as a taskbar background for eD and a Rainmeter skin that controls Dexpot. If that's the case you need to check out LoadOrder near the bottom of http://rainmeter.net/cms/Settings-ConfigName
ThOxide

Post by ThOxide »

dragonmage wrote:eD is Emerge Desktop. Th0xide do I understand that you have a Rainmeter skin that you use as a taskbar background for eD and a Rainmeter skin that controls Dexpot. If that's the case you need to check out LoadOrder near the bottom of http://rainmeter.net/cms/Settings-ConfigName
Exactly, thanks! Setting correct load order fixed my issue.
By the way is there any rainmeter skin component that shows current keyboard layout?
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

ThOxide wrote:By the way is there any rainmeter skin component that shows current keyboard layout?
I am not sure what you mean.
an actual on screen keyboard?
or
a skin that identifies keyboard language and systems compatibility?
ThOxide

Post by ThOxide »

sgtevmckay wrote: I am not sure what you mean.
an actual on screen keyboard?
or
a skin that identifies keyboard language and systems compatibility?
Probably the second one, I have three input languages and I wish to know wich one I'm using currently.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

ThOxide wrote:Probably the second one, I have three input languages and I wish to know wich one I'm using currently.
I am going to tell you off the top of my head that it can be done. Probably something that is noted in the registry that can be pulled down by Rainmeter.
Also off the top of my head, I could not immediately tell you how to do it :oops: