It is currently June 13th, 2024, 3:54 am

Taskbar and Clock

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
hi5
Posts: 5
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 3:13 pm

Taskbar and Clock

Post by hi5 »

Hi !

I cant find standalone program clock for desktop like on this picture with the same font and design, anyone knows?
http://visionwidget.com/images/albums/924-1/customized_desktops_05.jpg

Is there any way so that i can disable taskbar background but to leave start button and icons (quick launch, tray etc.) like on pictures? If there is any registry trick or somehow to enter into current theme resource and erase that taskbar background or is there any program that do that job?

Please help :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Klexur
Posts: 42
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 2:05 am

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by Klexur »

i dont know about the desktop clock, but as for the taskbar not having a background, that is probably a custom visual style. i'll see if i can find one to fit what u want.

EDIT
i found a VS that u may like that has a transparent taskbar here: http://hirawan.deviantart.com/art/GlassGlow-RC1-63366544
and of course if u dont already know use this program to enable custom VS on vista: http://www.codegazer.com/vistaglazz/
The quiet and inquisitive one.
hi5
Posts: 5
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 3:13 pm

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by hi5 »

Klexur wrote:i dont know about the desktop clock, but as for the taskbar not having a background, that is probably a custom visual style. i'll see if i can find one to fit what u want.

EDIT
i found a VS that u may like that has a transparent taskbar here: http://hirawan.deviantart.com/art/GlassGlow-RC1-63366544
and of course if u dont already know use this program to enable custom VS on vista: http://www.codegazer.com/vistaglazz/
I use Win XP and Vista theme, so I need programs/tricks for XP.
User avatar
Klexur
Posts: 42
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 2:05 am

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by Klexur »

oh, ok, well what VS are u using for XP then? i may be able to edit it and send u one without the taskbar background
The quiet and inquisitive one.
hi5
Posts: 5
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 3:13 pm

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by hi5 »

Klexur wrote:oh, ok, well what VS are u using for XP then? i may be able to edit it and send u one without the taskbar background
Oops my bad, im using W7 theme for XP (under Appearance-Color Scheme i choosed Windows Seven Basic 32) and its this one:

http://www.sizzledcore.com/2008/06/06/download-windows-7-theme-for-xp/

I would be very thankfull if u could remove taskbar bckg and send me that file that u edited. Thanx
User avatar
Klexur
Posts: 42
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 2:05 am

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by Klexur »

ok, well been a while since i've played with XP but im not sure transparency is fully supported in cases like this but i tried something and put together this http://www.mediafire.com/?yf8ml9mgm6o8czk

im not sure i changed the right resources in the VS, if i didnt just let me know. besides i am curious as to how this turns out ;)
The quiet and inquisitive one.
hi5
Posts: 5
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 3:13 pm

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by hi5 »

Not working, taskbar is pink now. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Klexur
Posts: 42
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 2:05 am

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by Klexur »

well i was afreaid of this but i dont believe XP supports transparency in its visual styles. vista and W7 accomplish this thru png images, but XP can't use them. wish i had better news =/
The quiet and inquisitive one.
User avatar
JpsCrazy
Posts: 667
Joined: April 18th, 2010, 2:16 pm
Location: NY, USA

Re: Taskbar and Clock

Post by JpsCrazy »

Klexur wrote:well i was afreaid of this but i dont believe XP supports transparency in its visual styles. vista and W7 accomplish this thru png images, but XP can't use them. wish i had better news =/
You may want to look into True Transparency.
I don't remember the exact capabilities, but it can at least make some things semi-transparent.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/TrueTransparency.shtml