It is currently May 5th, 2024, 7:46 am

[Solved] Help displaying wireless info

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
PPowerHouseK

[Solved] Help displaying wireless info

Post by PPowerHouseK »

Hello,

I have been trying to get my laptop to display wireless info with rainmeter for some time now. It seems that no matter what I try, it will not display the ssid, the signal strength, the protection type or the subnet ip. It shows the external ip just fine, but not the other information. The skin I have been trying with is: http://rasylver.deviantart.com/art/Extra-Lines-130733342
I could really use some help on this one, as I seem to be going in circles.. Thanks in advance!

This is on a Win7 32bit laptop with a built-in wireless adapter, as well as a usb wireless network adapter.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Help displaying wireless info

Post by Kaelri »

The skin you linked works fine for me. I wouldn't use the WifiStatus.dll included in the download, though; it's probably a few updates behind. Stick with the one installed with the latest version of Rainmeter.

If you can't get it to work, then this is probably not a problem with Rainmeter, but rather something about your laptop's configuration. Are you using a third-party wireless card or software?
PPowerHouseK

Post by PPowerHouseK »

Thanks for your quick reply. I am just using the windows network interface to deal with both of the wireless adapters. They currently functioning just fine. To clarify, I only use one of them at a time... The only value it shows on that skin is -1 which I can assume is a nil value.

EDIT: The laptop has a clean windows 7 installation, so apart from the usb adapter drivers, its all OEM.
PPowerHouseK

Post by PPowerHouseK »

Okay , so I finally got it working for the built-in adapter, using WifiIntfID=0 After reading the documentation about wifistatus.dll it says to try increasing the value until it works. Unfortunately it still doesn't work for the usb network adapter, even when I tried incrementing the value up to 5. I would greatly appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

EDIT: Nvm I got it working! All I had to do was disable the other wireless adapter, unplugging and powering off apparently won't suffice.

Sorry for all the bs! You can mark this thread solved :)