It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:54 pm

How to change the image in the skin?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
cd0123

How to change the image in the skin?

Post by cd0123 »

i am a new user of the rainmeter. rainmeter is a wonderful softwre to create our own desktop
i want to create a skin that can change the imge according to the time but i cannot do it. for example, i want to show iamge A at 12:00 and show image B at 12:01 and so on.
anyone can help me plz?
King Damager

Re: How to change the image in the skin?

Post by King Damager »

I'm not quite sure of the code that you'd use, however I'd imagine if you could set up a look up time function, and then return a certain image depending on what time bracket the time falls into it should work...

What you might want to do is check a well written weather skin or lunar cycles already as I'm pretty sure there must be a function in it that allows it to change the image from day to night etc.... and this should contain the code which you could look into :)

kd
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

How many different images are we talking about here? If you want a different one for every minute of the day, you should be aware that this will require 1,440 images.
cd0123

Post by cd0123 »

King Damager wrote:I'm not quite sure of the code that you'd use, however I'd imagine if you could set up a look up time function, and then return a certain image depending on what time bracket the time falls into it should work...

What you might want to do is check a well written weather skin or lunar cycles already as I'm pretty sure there must be a function in it that allows it to change the image from day to night etc.... and this should contain the code which you could look into :)

kd
thanks for your suggestion. i do not really understand what you mean.
i check the code of weather skin but it is related to the internet info i.e. the image of the weather condition is changed when the web was updated. however, i would like to create a skin that it is related to the time.
Kaelri wrote:How many different images are we talking about here? If you want a different one for every minute of the day, you should be aware that this will require 1,440 images.
yes, your are right! although there is a large amount of data to use, i think it is the loop. maybe i am wrong because i am a newbie in rainmeter and i treat as a easy work. i hope that this idea become true since it is a very interesting to show the time.
cd0123

Post by cd0123 »

i find that rainmeter cannot show the image one by one but it will show all images which input in the code
anyone can solve it?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

This is completely doable. The code, actually, is very simple.

Code: Select all

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%H%M.png

[Image]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
This will create an image meter which displays an image for every minute of the day (e.g. 0001.png, 0815.jpg, 1450.png).

The burden is on you, however, to create and name all 1440 images.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Unless you are doing a clock, that re-uses the same image (which would looks like number or what ever you want).
In that case you only need 60 images (0-59). Or 10 (0-9) if you care to do some calcs.
But this has been done by many, so you can search deviantArt and Customize for something like that.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
cd0123

Post by cd0123 »

Kaelri wrote:This is completely doable. The code, actually, is very simple.

Code: Select all

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%H%M.png

[Image]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
This will create an image meter which displays an image for every minute of the day (e.g. 0001.png, 0815.jpg, 1450.png).

The burden is on you, however, to create and name all 1440 images.
thank you very much, this code is workable. :thumbup:
i think it is not too difficult to create 1440 images for me because i can find it on the internet :D