It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:52 am

Coding a Live Currency Update skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ronald911

Coding a Live Currency Update skin

Post by ronald911 »

I just got a great idea! I plan and I WILL need Rainmeter pro's to help me (my coding sucks). I have thought why not make a skin that updates the Exchange rate live and convert it to your own Currency:
EG:
"Lets say my local Currency is ZAR (South African Rand).

I want the rainmeter skin to show me the value of the foreign currency in ZAR eg: 1 USD = 6.87 ZAR"

The user should be able to decide and be able to add about 5 different currencies.

Lets hope we can get started on this project ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Coding a Live Currency Update skin

Post by jsmorley »

ronald911 wrote:I just got a great idea! I plan and I WILL need Rainmeter pro's to help me (my coding sucks). I have thought why not make a skin that updates the Exchange rate live and convert it to your own Currency:
EG:
"Lets say my local Currency is ZAR (South African Rand).

I want the rainmeter skin to show me the value of the foreign currency in ZAR eg: 1 USD = 6.87 ZAR"

The user should be able to decide and be able to add about 5 different currencies.

Lets hope we can get started on this project ;)
We generally don't do "requests", just provide help when you get stuck. So, how much are you paying per hour?
ronald911

Post by ronald911 »

Well, it's actually more of a community thing ;) I sure there are more than just me that would be interested in this kind of stuff.

Hence all the 'open source' .ini files. Not a request at all. Just thought someone could help me get going on this project!
Last edited by ronald911 on December 6th, 2010, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

I don't think, therefore I'm not.
ronald911

Post by ronald911 »

ronald911

Post by ronald911 »

I found RSS Feeds for currencies (don't know how active they are at the moment).
http://www.royalexchangehouse.com/rss_currencyexchangerates.html
ronald911

Post by ronald911 »

Oh yes.. This is exactly what I'm going to use!
http://www.xe.com/currency/zar-south-african-rand
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Yeah that will work.
Here's a snippet of what you should look at (just to make sure you find it).

Code: Select all

<td valign="bottom" height="35" align="center">1 ZAR =<br/>

Inverse:</td>

<td valign="bottom" align="center">
								<a onclick="return showTip('USD,ZAR,1,1');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=USD" id="USDZAR11">0.14507</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,USD,1,1');" href="/currencycharts?from=USD&to=ZAR" id="ZARUSD11">6.89338</a>
						</td>

<a onclick="return showTip('EUR,ZAR,1,2');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=EUR" id="EURZAR12">0.10906</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,EUR,1,2');" href="/currencycharts?from=EUR&to=ZAR" id="ZAREUR12">9.16895</a>
						</td>
								<a onclick="return showTip('GBP,ZAR,1,3');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=GBP" id="GBPZAR13">0.09234</a>
								<br/>

<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,GBP,1,3');" href="/currencycharts?from=GBP&to=ZAR" id="ZARGBP13">10.8298</a>
						</td>
								<a onclick="return showTip('JPY,ZAR,1,4');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=JPY" id="JPYZAR14">12.0143</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,JPY,1,4');" href="/currencycharts?from=JPY&to=ZAR" id="ZARJPY14">0.08323</a>
						</td>

<a onclick="return showTip('CAD,ZAR,1,5');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=CAD" id="CADZAR15">0.14592</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,CAD,1,5');" href="/currencycharts?from=CAD&to=ZAR" id="ZARCAD15">6.85329</a>
						</td>
								<a onclick="return showTip('AUD,ZAR,1,6');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=AUD" id="AUDZAR16">0.14685</a>

<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,AUD,1,6');" href="/currencycharts?from=AUD&to=ZAR" id="ZARAUD16">6.80986</a>
						</td>
								<a onclick="return showTip('CHF,ZAR,1,7');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=CHF" id="CHFZAR17">0.14192</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,CHF,1,7');" href="/currencycharts?from=CHF&to=ZAR" id="ZARCHF17">7.04634</a>

</td>
								<a onclick="return showTip('CNY,ZAR,1,8');" href="/currencycharts?from=ZAR&to=CNY" id="CNYZAR18">0.96458</a>
								<br/>
								<a onclick="return showTip('ZAR,CNY,1,8');" href="/currencycharts?from=CNY&to=ZAR" id="ZARCNY18">1.03672</a>
						</td>
  </tbody>
</table>

</div>
 	 <div id="separator"></div>
</div>
 <div id="r3">
	<div id="ratesTips"></div>
</div>

</div>

<div id="factswrapper">

<div id="facttop"></div>
	<div id="factmid">
		<div id="factcontent">
	<h2>ZAR Facts </h2>
	<p><strong>ISO 4217 Code:</strong> ZAR</p>
  	<p><strong>Inflation:</strong> 3.2%</p>

<p><strong>Minor Unit:</strong><br/>			1/100 = Cent<br/>
</p>
    <p><strong>Symbol:</strong> R <strong>Cent:</strong> c</p>

<p><strong>Coins:</strong><br/>				Freq Used: 
			5c,

10c,

20c,

R1,

R2,

R5

<br/>
</p>
  	<p><strong>Banknotes:</strong><br/>				Freq Used: 
			R10,

R20,

R50,

R100,

R200
<br/>
</p>

<p><strong>Central Bank</strong><br/>    South African Reserve Bank<br/>
    <a href="http://www.reservebank.co.za" target="_blank">www.reservebank.co.za</a>

</p>
I don't think, therefore I'm not.