It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:37 am

Bit of a feature request

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Fendulon

Bit of a feature request

Post by Fendulon »

So I have comcast internet, and they have a 250gb limit. Up till now I just use a simple bandwidth monitor on my computer to keep up on how much I've used out of my 250. But of course there are 3 PS3s in the house, several laptops and 2 more desktops and a 360 and a Wii.... sooooo there is more than just my PC eating up bandwidth.

On the comcast website I can log in and then I can view my data usage, tells me something like

Included Used Remaing
250 236 14

And I want a way to get this info off the website, and on to my desktop. I don't know too much about coding, I've modified colors and such in rainmeter, changed some basic functions, but I've not the slightest clue how to do this, or IF it's even possible. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated. In the manual I see the WebParser section, but I'm not 100% sure it will be able to do what I want. Obviously this would require my login info so I think that might be a brick wall for this idea.

Thanks in advance.

Attached is a photo of how this information is presented to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Bit of a feature request

Post by dragonmage »

It would not be possible with Rainmeter alone. The Webparser plugin does not support any type of login or authentication that involves more than including the username and password in the url. However it would be possible using cURL to login and download the page then have Webparser pull the information from the downloaded html. That being said you would have to learn how to use cURL to do that as I have no clue about it.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

You would also have to make sure that those figures are printed in HTML and not java or flash. If it's not HTML, you might as well forget it I'm afraid.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Fendulon

Post by Fendulon »

Well the good news is they do appear to be in HTML as far as I can figure. They can be easily found in the page source, they are highlight-able and all that fun stuff.

But it seems this is something that is over my head, no clue how to use cURL or webparser really. I'm interested in having this done, but not THAT interested.

I'd definitely appreciate someone with some knowledge of cURL maybe laying it out, but I don't know how much work it actually is.