It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:32 am

RSS Marquee

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
goroshi

Re: RSS Marquee

Post by goroshi »

either would be great in my view. ur call is my vote. once again , thankyou
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

either would be great in my view, its ur call. once again , thank you the marquee is fantastic
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

smurfier wrote:Alright...I can either make it to allow for 3 RSS feeds and one Atom feed, each following the next in the marquee, or I can make it so that you click on buttons to change between feeds.
Or use http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-GoogleReaderRSS to allow 4 feeds of any type.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

One small problem though. With the easiest and most accurate method to switch feeds, a small bug arises. When you use the !RainmeterSetVariable bang, it adds .000000 to the end of the variable. I am working on a workaround.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Please download and test 1.1 beta.

Haven't put buttons in yet, I'm still trying to figure out how that should work.

Strike that, buttons now included.

EDIT: Download in first post.
Last edited by smurfier on November 26th, 2010, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

poiru wrote: Or use http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-GoogleReaderRSS to allow 4 feeds of any type.
I will not be using that method as it can only accommodate 9 items. I need ten as any less can bring forth the shortcoming of the method I have chosen for the marquee actions.
Failsafe now included to prevent this bug.

Also, the code referenced on that page needs some revisions:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
URL=http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml
GET=.*(?(?=.*<div class="item">).*<div class="item">.*<a href="(.*)">(.*)</a>.*<div class="item-info">.* on (.*)</div>)

[MeasureFeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=http://www.google.co.uk/reader/view/feed/#URL#?n=9
RegExp="(?siU)<h1>(.*)</h1>#GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET#"
DecodeCharacterReference=1
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=1500

[MeasureLink1]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureFeed]
StringIndex=2

[MeasureItem1]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureFeed]
DecodeCharacterReference=1
StringIndex=3

[MeasureDate1]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureFeed]
StringIndex=4

...And so on through MeasureDate9
whimp

Post by whimp »

Love this addon and rainmeter. i have two request, can you alter the code to display more the 4 feeds, something like 8 - 10? And i have a changing background, sometime light, sometimes dark, is there any way to make the text visisble on all color types? i was thinking of a shadowed font
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

8-10 feeds? That's a whole lot of code you're talking about. As far as text color and shadow, a major update for this skin is in the works. It's just going to take some time as I'm updating most of my skins.
whimp

Post by whimp »

Thank you for your quick response.

I made the text visible on black and white background by using the FontEffectColor and StringEffect=Shadow.

Just a idea for the different feeds, is it possible to make a multiple list?
  • feed1=google
    feed2=engadget
    feed3=rainmeter
    feed4=reuters
    • feed1=microsoft
      feed2=gizmodo
      feed3=deviantart
      feed4=cnn

after feed 4 is diplayed swap to list and vice versa? maybe more list?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Making the skin switch between an infinite number of feeds would be quite easy if plugins could use dynamic variables. As it is now it either requires unique measures, 19 different ones right now I believe, for each feed or reloading the skin between feeds. Reloading the skin would work pretty neat except that it would have to make a different call to the feeds server more often than necessary and the "continuous" marquee effect between the different feeds would be lost.