It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:26 am

RSS Marquee

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
smurfier

RSS Marquee

Post by smurfier »

I know this has been done, but I believe I've found a better way.
Last edited by smurfier on November 26th, 2010, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RSS Marquee

Post by jsmorley »

Nice job. Works great at 1680 with 300 for the item width and 15 for the speed. Works fine with Google News just plugged in.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

If only I could measure the length of a string, I could make it a true marquee.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

newbie, please help . where do i add noew url ? thanks
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Open the ini in your favorite text editor. Under [Variables] change the URL to whatever you like, just remember to keep the "URL=" part. Save and refresh the skin.
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

thank u smurfier . got it. one more question if you would allow me, can i add multiple feeds or just one url ? if multiple urls, then i seperate them with a , a space ? thank you
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I'm afraid that's not how it works. I will work on allowing multiple feeds.
goroshi

Post by goroshi »

oh ok ... thank you
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Alright...I can either make it to allow for 3 RSS feeds and one Atom feed, each following the next in the marquee, or I can make it so that you click on buttons to change between feeds.
tru

Post by tru »

smurfier wrote:Alright...I can either make it to allow for 3 RSS feeds and one Atom feed, each following the next in the marquee, or I can make it so that you click on buttons to change between feeds.

a small button would be awesome !!